Crush (1992 film)
|Directed by||Alison Maclean|
|Produced by||Trevor Haysom
|Written by||Alison Maclean
|Edited by||John Gilbert|
While driving through New Zealand so that literary critic Christina can interview author Colin Iseman, Lane crashes their car. Christina is hospitalized with severe injuries while Lane is able to walk away with only a mild head injury.
The following day Lane goes to Colin's home where she meets Colin's teenage daughter Angela, whom she initially mistakes for a boy. Lane takes Angela out drinking and the two quickly become friends. After meeting her briefly when she spends the night Colin becomes infatuated with her and the two sleep together.
In the meantime, Christina slowly recovers and starts to remember the events, but has limited mental capabilities. The four (Colin, Lane, Angela and Christina) go to a trip in a forest where Christina stands up from the wheelchair and starts to walk again with the help of Lane who confesses she is very sorry of the accident and tries to help her making the first steps again. The two women walk to a wooden overlook built above a cascade and Christina pushes an absent-minded Lane over the overlook's handrail and into the abyss. The entire scene is watched by Angela from distance who then runs to the spot, looks at the collapsed Christina, then down the whirling cascade waters, but cannot see whether Lane has survived or not. This is where the film ends.
- Marcia Gay Harden as Lane
- Donogh Rees as Christina
- Caitlin Bossley as Angela Iseman
- William Zappa as Colin Iseman
- Pete Smith as Horse
- Jon Brazier as Arthur
- Geoffrey Southern as Patient
- Shirley Wilson as Intensive care nurse
- Denise Lyness as Physiotherapy nurse
- Jennifer Karehana as Physio nurse
- David Stott as Stephen
- Harata Solomon as Aunty Bet
- Caroline De Lore as Colleen
- Trish Howie as Nurse
- Phil McLachlan as Ward sister
- Wayne McGoram as Nurse (as Wayne McCoram)
- "Festival de Cannes: Crush". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 14 August 2009.
- Crush at the Internet Movie Database
- NZ On Screen page
- Crush (1992) at New Zealand Feature Film Database
|This article related to a New Zealand film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|