|Single by Paramore|
|from the album Riot!|
|Released||November 26, 2007|
2x 7" single (UK only)
|Paramore singles chronology|
"crushcrushcrush" is a song by the American rock band Paramore, and is the third single from the group's second studio album, Riot!. The official music video premiered on TRL on October 16, 2007. The single was released in late 2007. It was made available in the United Kingdom for download from November 5 and purchase on November 26, 2007. The single is also playable on various music video games such as Rock Band, Rock Band Unplugged, Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades, and Ultimate Band. The single won a Teen Choice Award for "Choice Rock Track". It was also used briefly in NCIS, in the episode "Stakeout". On March 24, 2016, the song was certified Platinum in the United States for selling over 1,000,000 copies.
Alex Fletcher at Digital Spy described the song as having "Juicy riffs, a humongous chorus, a cheesy breakdown." Fletcher also commented on the song being more Kelly Clarkson and Avril Lavigne than Metallica. It is observed as a very catchy song at BBC News Online, whom stated "The further into it you get, the better it becomes with some brilliant and energetic guitars joining in." Ed Masley at The Arizona Republic ranked it as the 12th best Paramore song, stating "As for the crushes in the title, they're whispered in a voice that may be best described as sinister. And the guitar licks seal the deal."
The music video shows the band performing in a barren desert environment, and three people spying on them with binoculars from a distance. The three voyeurs watch from behind various old trinkets that have formed a faux house without walls or a roof. Intercut between Paramore's performance of the song are clips of the band walking through the voyeur's "house" and later on, short clips show that Paramore and the bandits watching them are the same (Hayley in the bathtub, Josh and Jeremy playing/slamming their guitars and Zac pushing his stands over and throwing drums). The video was directed by Shane Drake.
In this video, Hayley Williams has long orange/red hair with long blonde and purple hair extensions.
The music video is played throughout a television advertisement for the iPod Touch.
Jeremy Davis stated in an interview with Kerrang, that the group was not able to fully finish the video and some shots were just repeated because of a large sandstorm which set in a few hours into recording the video.
The single is available in 3 formats. In addition to "crushcrushcrush", certain vinyl releases feature live versions of "Misery Business" and "For a Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic" from Paramore's album, Riot!
|1.||"crushcrushcrush" (album version)||3:09|
|2.||"Misery Business" (live)|
|2.||"For a Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic" (live)|
- Pauker, Lance (22 January 2014). "49 Phenomenally Angsty Pop-Punk Songs From The 2000s You Forgot Existed". Thought Catalog. The Thought & Expression Co. Archived from the original on 10 October 2016. Retrieved 13 March 2016.
- "RIAA - Gold & Platinum Searchable Database - April 2, 2016". RIAA.com. Retrieved April 1, 2016.
- "RockBand.com". 2008-03-28. Archived from the original on March 14, 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-26.
- "Paramore: 'CrushCrushCrush'". Digital Spy. Retrieved April 4, 2015.
- "CBBC Newsround - Reviews - Single Review: Paramore - Crushcrushcrush". Retrieved April 4, 2015.
- "Playlist: 15 best Paramore songs, 'Twilight' to now". August 7, 2014. Retrieved January 3, 2015.
- "Best Rock Video Nominees". MTV.com. Retrieved 2008-10-05.
- "Chart Data: Paramore". Mariah-charts.com. Retrieved 2012-02-11.
- "RIAA". RIAA. Retrieved 2016-04-02.