Public holidays in Panama
(Redirected from Cry of Independence Day)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article does not cite any sources. (October 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Panama's national public holidays are:
- January 1, New Year's Day
- January 9, Martyrs' Day
- Carnival's Monday. The Monday before Ash Wednesday.
- Carnival's Tuesday. The Tuesday before Ash Wednesday.
- Holy Friday - Good Friday - Death of Christ
- May 1, May Day - Labor Day
- July 1. (every 5 years) presidential inauguration
- August 2. [tax free day]
- November 2. Day of the Dead
- November 3. Separation Day (from Colombia).
- November 4. Flag Day
- November 5. Colón Day
- November 10. "Primer Grito de Independencia de la Villa de los Santos" celebrating The Gesture of Rufina Alfaro and the uprising in the Villa de los Santos against Spain.
- November 28. Independence Day (from Spain).
- December 8. Mothers' Day.
- December 25. Christmas.
The holidays in November (starting from Separation Day), are called the Fiestas Patrias ("Patriotic Holidays").
- Chatlani, Manoj (7 November 2014). "Fiestas Patrias: Panama celebrates its history all through November". POLS - Attorneys. Retrieved 2 November 2018.