|Directed by||Mark Meily|
Mark Meily |
Sharon Cuneta |
|Box office||P 89,563,226.15|
Crying Ladies is a 2003 Filipino film directed by Mark Meily, and winner of Best Picture in the 2003 Metro Manila Film Festival. It was the Philippines' submission to the 77th Academy Awards for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film, but was not accepted as a nominee.
The story revolves around 3 matured women, Stella (Sharon Cuneta), Rhoda (Hilda Koronel) and Choleng (Angel Aquino) who are in badly need of cash for their family. They would do everything, from crying to funerals to dirty work just to make both ends meet.
- Sharon Cuneta as Stella Mate
- Hilda Koronel as Rhoda Aling Doray Rivera
- Angel Aquino as Choleng
- Eric Quizon as Wilson Chua
- Ricky Davao as Guido
- Julio Pacheco as Bong
- Shamaine Buencamino as Cecile
- Sherry Lara as Mrs.Chua
- Gilleth Sandico as Becky
- Joan Bitagcol as Grace
- Edgar Mortiz as Mang Gusting
- Raymond Bagatsing as Ipe
- Bella Flores as Lost Lady
- Lou Veloso as Brgy.Chairman
This section is incomplete. (May 2014)
|2003||Metro Manila Film Festival ||Best Picture||Crying Ladies||Won|
|Best Director||Mark Meily||Won|
|Best Actor||Eric Quizon||Won|
|Best Supporting Actress||Hilda Koronel||Won|
|Best Child Performer||Julio Pacheco||Won|
- "50 Countries in Competition for Oscar". Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. 2004-10-22. Archived from the original on June 11, 2007. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- "2005 Oscars 77th Academy Awards Nominees". Yahoo! Movies. 2005-01-25. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- "Metro Manila Film Festival:2003". IMDB. Retrieved 2014-04-09.
|This article about a film made in the Philippines is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|