Hefner in Hollywood, California in May 2014
April 29, 1986
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Alma mater||San Diego State University|
|Occupation||model and television personality|
|Known for||The Girls Next Door|
Playboy Playmate of the Month for December 2009
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
(m. 2012; died 2017)
Crystal Hefner (née Harris) (born April 29, 1986) is an American model and television personality. She was the Playboy Playmate of the Month for December 2009, and is the widow and the third wife of Playboy publisher Hugh Hefner from December 31, 2012 until his death on September 27, 2017.
She appeared as "Co-Ed of the week" on Playboy.com magazine during the week of October 30, 2008, under the name Crystal Carter. Beginning in late 2009, Harris appeared in one of the seasons of E!'s The Girls Next Door reality show.
In 2012, Harris co-designed a range of swimwear with Australian designer and owner of Veve Glamor Swimwear, Vanessa Bryce. Then in 2014 she announced a line of "intimates, athleisure and loungewear" that was co-designed with Rhonda Shear to be sold through her website.
In January 2009, Crystal started dating Hugh Hefner, who was 60 years her senior. She joined the Shannon Twins after his previous "number one girlfriend," Holly Madison, had ended their 7-year relationship. On December 24, 2010, she became engaged to Hefner, to become his third wife. Harris broke off their engagement on June 14, 2011, five days before their planned wedding. In anticipation of the wedding, the July issue of Playboy, which reached store shelves and customers' homes within days of the wedding date, featured Harris on the cover and in a photo spread as well. The headline on the cover read "Introducing America's Princess, Mrs. Crystal Hefner." Hefner and Harris subsequently reconciled and married on December 31, 2012.
In 2016, Harris announced on her social media outlets that she had been diagnosed with Lyme disease and toxic mold before finding her symptoms were due to "breast implant illness" instead. Hefner stated that she experienced "brain fog" and "chronic fatigue" due to the implants' rupture, but had them removed which alleviated some of the symptoms. She remained married to Hefner until his death on September 27, 2017.
- O'Hare, Kevin (June 9, 2010). "'Girls Next Door' star Crystal Harris signs record contract". Mass Live.
- Miller, Korin (January 5, 2009). "Meet Playboy founder Hugh Hefner's other girlfriend, Crystal Harris". Daily News. New York.
- Renfrew, Cliff (June 14, 2011). "Crystal Harris Still Using Hugh Hefner To Promote Herself After She Calls Off Wedding". Radar Online.
- Bryce, Vanessa (17 May 2012). "Veve Swimwear Photo Shoot With Crystal Harris". Véve Glamour Swimwear.
- "Playmate News, Girl Talk". Playboy. 61 (December). December 2014. p. 156.
- Miller, Korin (January 5, 2009). "Meet Playboy founder Hugh Hefner's other girlfriend, Crystal Harris". Daily News. New York: Daily News, L.P. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- Miller, Korin (October 7, 2008). "'Girls Next Door's' Holly Madison splits with Playboy Hugh Hefner". Daily News. New York: Daily News, L.P. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- Simao, Paul (December 26, 2010). "Hugh Hefner Acknowledges Engagement on Twitter". Reuters.
- TMZ Staff. "Crystal Harris". TMZ. Time Warner. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- "Cover". Playboy. July 2011.
- Coughlan, Maggie (January 1, 2013). "Hugh Hefner Marries Crystal Harris". People.
- "Playboy founder Hugh Hefner marries his "runaway bride"". Reuters. January 1, 2013.
- "Hugh Hefner, Crystal Harris Wed at Playboy Mansion". The Hollywood Reporter. December 31, 2012.
- D'Zurilla, Christie (January 2, 2013). "Hugh Hefner, Crystal Harris finally marry on New Year's Eve". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved September 18, 2013.
- Hefner, Crystal (July 19, 2016). "My Breast Implants Slowly Poisoned Me". Facebook. Retrieved September 28, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Crystal Harris.|