Hefner in Hollywood, California in May 2014
|Preceded by||Kelley Thompson|
|Succeeded by||Jaime Faith Edmondson|
April 29, 1986 |
Lake Havasu City, Arizona, US
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
Crystal Hefner (née Harris; born April 29, 1986) is an American glamour model, singer, DJ, and television personality. She was the Playboy Playmate of the Month for December 2009, and is the third wife of Playboy publisher Hugh Hefner, having married him in December 2012.
Hefner's parents were British entertainers, who were working at the England-themed amusement park in Lake Havasu City, Arizona, where she was born. After Harris' birth they returned to England and resided in West Bromwich, near to Birmingham, before returning to the United States and settling in San Diego, California, where she and her two elder sisters grew up. Harris was first exposed to the entertainment industry through her late father, Ray Harris, who was a singer and songwriter.
Hefner attended La Jolla High School and San Diego State University, majoring in psychology. It was during this period that she started modeling, and came to the attention of the Playboy organization.
Harris met Hugh Hefner on Halloween 2008. She was attending a party at the Playboy mansion, to which she had been invited by a friend. She then appeared as "Co-Ed of the week" on Playboy.com magazine during the week of October 30, 2008, under the name Crystal Carter. From late 2009, Harris has appeared in one of the seasons of E!'s The Girls Next Door reality show.
In April 2010, Hefner signed a recording contract with Organica Music Group, a division of Universal Music Group, managed by record producer Michael Blakey. Her debut single "Club Queen" was released on June 14, 2011. Her second single "True Harmony" was released on March 25, 2013, using her new last name Hefner.
In 2012, Hefner co-designed a range of swimwear with Australian designer and owner of Veve Glamor Swimwear, Vanessa Bryce. Then in 2014 she announced a line of "intimates, athleisure and loungewear" that was co-design with Rhonda Shear to be sold through her website.
In January 2009, Harris started dating Hugh Hefner, joining the Shannon Twins after his previous "number one girlfriend", Holly Madison, had ended their 7-year relationship. On December 24, 2010, she became engaged to Hefner, to become his third wife. Harris broke off their engagement on June 14, 2011, five days before their planned wedding. In anticipation of the wedding, the July issue of Playboy, which reached store shelves and customers' homes within days of the wedding date, featured Harris on the cover and in a photo spread as well. The headline on the cover read "Introducing America's Princess, Mrs. Crystal Hefner". It was later covered on newsstand issues with a sticker that read "Runaway Bride". The two later reconciled, and on December 31, 2012, Harris and Hefner married at the Playboy Mansion in a small private ceremony; he was 86 and she was 26. In March of 2016, Hefner announced on her Instagram that she has been diagnosed with Lyme disease and toxic mold. She has been seeking medical treatments ever since. In July 2016, she announced on her social media outlets that she has been suffering from what is know as "breast implant illness" which aggravated her Lyme disease. She had her implants removed immediately which improved her side effects and symptoms drastically. Hefner stated that she has been experiencing "brain fog" and "chronic fatigue" due to the implants rupture.
- Bio at Playboy.com
- Wilkins, Peggy. "PLAYBOY Playmates". wekinglypigs.com. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- Caulfield, Philip (January 1, 2012). "Hugh Hefner wedding: Playboy mogul marries 26-year-old Crystal Harris in small New Year's Eve ceremony". Daily News (New York).
- O'Hare, Kevin (June 9, 2010). "'Girls Next Door' star Crystal Harris signs record contract". Mass Live.
- Video - "KTLA-Crystal Harris on wedding with Hugh Hefner" May 25, 2011, Harris Playboy web site
- Miller, Korin (January 5, 2009). "Meet Playboy founder Hugh Hefner's other girlfriend, Crystal Harris". Daily News. New York.
- Renfrew, Cliff (June 14, 2011). "Crystal Harris Still Using Hugh Hefner To Promote Herself After She Calls Off Wedding". Radar Online.
- "To Debut Single 'CLUB QUEEN' on June 14th | Crystal Harris - The Official Site". Crystal Harris. Archived from the original on 2011-03-09.
- http://www.amazon.com/True-Harmony/dp/B00BS1TGSW[dead link]
- Bryce, Vanessa (17 May 2012). "Veve Swimwear Photo Shoot With Crystal Harris". Véve Glamour Swimwear.
- "Playmate News, Girl Talk". Playboy. 61 (December). December 2014. p. 156.
- Miller, Korin (January 5, 2009). "Meet Playboy founder Hugh Hefner's other girlfriend, Crystal Harris". Daily News. New York: Daily News, L.P. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- Miller, Korin (October 7, 2008). "'Girls Next Door's' Holly Madison splits with Playboy Hugh Hefner". Daily News. New York: Daily News, L.P. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- Simao, Paul (December 26, 2010). "Hugh Hefner Acknowledges Engagement on Twitter". Reuters.
- TMZ Staff. "Crystal Harris". TMZ. Time Warner. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- "Cover". Playboy. July 2011.
- "'Meet Mrs Hefner!': Runaway bride Crystal Harris weds Hugh in small ceremony at the Playboy mansion". Daily Mail. London: DMG Media. January 1, 2013. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- "'Meet Mrs Hefner!': Runaway bride Crystal Harris weds Hugh in small ceremony". Daily Mail. London: DMG Media. January 1, 2013. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Crystal Harris.|