Stewart in Beverly Hills, March 2014
Crystle Danae Stewart|
September 20, 1981
Houston, Texas, U.S.
|Other names||Crystle Stewart Sebrechts|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
Miss Texas USA 2008|
Miss USA 2008
|Spouse(s)||Max Sebrechts (m. 2014)|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
Miss Texas USA 2008|
Miss USA 2008
Miss Universe 2008
Crystle Danae Stewart (born September 20, 1981) is an American actress, television host, model, and beauty pageant titleholder who won Miss USA 2008. Stewart portrayed the character real estate agent Leslie Morris on the OWN/TBS comedy-drama television series Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse.
Life and career
Stewart was born in Houston, Texas, to Robert and Cynthia Franklin Stewart. She has a brother, Robert, and a sister, Breana.
Stewart won the Miss Texas USA 2008 title in a state pageant held in Laredo, Texas on July 1, 2007 after competing against 121 other contestants. She represented Texas in the Miss USA 2008 pageant held in April 2008. Crystle Stewart graduated from Elkins High School in Missouri City, and graduated from the University of Houston in 2007. Additionally, Stewart graduated from Barbizon Modeling and Acting School in Houston.
This was Stewart's fifth attempt at the Miss Texas USA title; she had placed first runner-up in both the 2006 and 2007 events; third runner-up in 2005; and made the semi-finals in 2003. Her first appearance in the state pageant was in 2002 when she made the semi-finals of the Miss Texas USA 2003 pageant competing as Miss Fort Bend County. In 2004, Stewart again competed as Miss Fort Bend County and placed third runner-up to Tyler Willis at Miss Texas USA 2005. The following year she competed in the Miss Houston local pageant and placed first runner-up to Lauren Lanning. She competed at Miss Texas USA 2006 as Miss Harris County, and placed first runner-up to Lanning for the second time. In 2006, she placed first runner-up to Miss Houston for a second time and, in a double repetition, placed first runner-up to Miss Houston, Magen Ellis, in the 2007 state pageant (competing as Miss Southeast Texas).
In 2007 she did not compete for a local title, and instead entered as an at large delegate for Miss Texas USA 2008, again holding the Miss Fort Bend County title. She made the final two in the state-televised pageant, alongside Miss Houston Brooke Daniels, who was also a runner-up at Miss Texas USA 2007. This time Stewart won the title and was crowned Miss Texas USA 2008. She also won the Everything but Water Swimsuit award, announced during the preliminary competition. Stewart is the second African American to win the crown at Miss Texas USA; Chelsi Smith was crowned Miss Texas USA 1995 (and later Miss USA and Miss Universe).
On April 11, 2008, Stewart represented Texas in the Miss USA 2008 pageant where she became the ninth Texan to win the Miss USA title. Throughout her reign she served for various charities, conducted media interviews and made other public appearances. On 26 April, she attended the White House Correspondents' Association dinner.
On July 13, 2008, Stewart represented the USA at the Miss Universe pageant Nha Trang, Vietnam, and advanced to the top 10. Stewart became the second consecutive Miss USA, following Rachel Smith in 2007, to stumble and fall during the evening gown competition. After that, she encouraged the audience to applaud by clapping her hands. Unlike Smith, Stewart did not advance to the top five. Stewart finished 8th overall.
- "Texan Takes Miss USA Crown in Las Vegas". Washington Post. 2008-04-12. Retrieved 2008-05-10.
- "Texas Birth Index, 1903–1997". Ancestry.com. Retrieved November 28, 2010.
- Associated Press (2007-07-01). "Miss Fort Bend County takes Miss Texas title". Houston Chronicle.
- "Miss Fort Bend County wins Miss Texas USA". Houston Chronicle. 2007-07-02.
- "Barbizon Modeling and Acting School Alumni". www.barbizonmodeling.com/alumni.
- "Miss Central Plains named Miss Texas USA". 2004-06-28.
- "Lanning wins Miss Texas USA title". Associated Press. 2006-06-27.
- Maines, Don (2006-06-15). "3 area women compete in pageant / Miss Texas-USA to be selected on June 25". Houston Chronicle.
- "Miss Houston named Miss Texas USA". Associated Press. 2006-06-26.
- Ignacio Salazar (2008-04-14). "UH's Crystle Stewart wins Miss USA". houstonist.com. Retrieved 2008-05-10.
- "True Beauty" by Trevor N. Mitchell. Houston Alumline, Spring 2008.
- "Friday's Fabulous Flicks". The Black Socialite. 2009-03-13.
- "Miss USA takes a tumble". BBC News (Video). 2008-07-14.[dead link]
- Miss USA falls down during Miss Universe competition
- Miss Central Laredo USA, Ana Rodriguez Wins the MISS TEXAS USA Crown Archived 2009-04-25 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-06-25. Retrieved 2016-06-05.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Crystle Stewart.|
|Awards and achievements|
| Miss USA
| Miss Texas USA