This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
csUnit 2.5 GUI on Windows
csUnit 2.6 / March 28, 2009
|Operating system||Microsoft .NET|
|Type||Unit testing tool|
csUnit is a unit testing framework for the .NET Framework. It is designed to work with any .NET compliant language. It has specifically been tested with C#, Visual Basic .NET, Managed C++, and J#. csUnit is open-source and comes with a flexible license that allows cost-free inclusion in commercial closed-source products as well.
csUnit follows the concepts of other unit testing frameworks in the xUnit family and has had several releases since 2002. The tool offers a native GUI application, a command line, and addins for Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008.
Starting with version 2.4 it also supports execution of NUnit tests without recompiling. This feature works for NUnit 2.4.7 (.NET 2.0 version).
csUnit supports .NET 3.5 and earlier versions, but does not support .NET 4.
Along with the standard features, csUnit offers abilities that are uncommon in other unit testing frameworks for .NET:
- Categories to group included, excluded tests
- ExpectedException working with concrete instances rather than type only
- Out of the box addins for Visual Studio 2005 and 2008
- A tab for simple performance base lining
- A very rich set of assertions, continuously expanded
- Rich set of attributes for implementing tests
- Parameterized testing, data-driven testing
- Search abilities, saving time when test suites have thousands of tests
- Crowther, David C.; Clarke, Peter J. (1 June 2005). "Examining Software Testing Tools". Dr. Dobb's Journal.
- Manocha, Pooja; Jain, Arun (2013). "An Enhancement to Cleanroom Software Engineering Using csUnit Tool". International Journal of Research in Computer Science. 3 (5): 19–23. doi:10.7815/ijorcs.35.2013.071.