|Studio album by Kany García|
|Released||July 6, 2007|
|Producer||Guillermo Gil, Pancho Ruíz, and Mario Santos|
|Kany García chronology|
Mexican edition cover
|Singles from Cualquier Día|
Cualquier Día ("Any Day") is Latin Grammy winning album and debut Spanish album of Puerto Rican singer-songwriter Kany García. It reached the top 10 of the Latin Pop album charts in the United States, top 50 in Mexico and #1 in Puerto Rico. The album was released on July 10, 2007 and produced by Sony BMG. It was released to critical acclaim.
- 1 Album information
- 2 Track listing
- 3 Critical reception
- 4 Singles
- 5 Cualquier Dia: Edicion Especial
- 6 Release history
- 7 Awards
- 8 Chart performance
- 9 Charts
- 10 Sales and certifications
- 11 Personnel
- 12 References
When Kany was introduce and sang to Franco De Vita, she was later signed to SONY BMG. Later that year she started recording her debut album. Cualquier Día was recorded in both Mexico and Puerto Rico, with the help of music producer Memo Gil. All the songs in the album were written by García herself. The album was released on July 2007, and already was receiving great response by the critics. According to Kany, the album is "a disc with 11 different stories, inspired by everyday things, from love stories to disaffection."
The album produced five singles so far: "Hoy Ya Me Voy", "¿Qué Nos Pasó?", "Amigo en el Baño", "Esta Soledad", and "Estigma De Amor". All five songs have received heavy airplay in Kany's homeland Puerto Rico and in the states. The album was certified Disco de Oro by the RIAA for selling more than 100,000 in United States was also certified "Disco De Oro" by AMPROFON in Mexico for selling over 50,000 in that country alone.
On September 10, 2008, the album received four nominations for the 2008 Latin Grammy Awards. It was nominated for "Album of the Year" and "Best Female Pop Vocal Album", and the lead single Hoy Ya Me Voy, received a nomination for "Song of the Year" while Kany herself, is nominated for "Best New Artist". On November 11, 2008 Kany won the Latin Grammys for "Best New Artist" and " Best Female Pop Vocal Album".
All tracks by Kany García
|2||"Estigma De Amor"||3:55|
|3||"Amigo en el Baño"||3:26|
|4||"Hoy Ya Me Voy"||3:57|
|5||"Mujer de Tacones"||3:15|
|6||"¿Adónde Fue Cecilla?"||4:12|
|7||"Te Vuelvo a Ver"||3:28|
|8||"¿Qué Nos Pasó?"||3:24|
|9||"Carla Se Fue"||3:11|
|10||"Si Ya No Estás Conmigo"||3:16|
|“||Singer/songwriter Kany García's confessional rock debut is a welcome major-label departure from Latin pop divadom. Her husky tone seems built for a sideways glance at breakups, sex, aging and human indifference, but it's the album's uptempo tracks that really leave an impression. García's sudden bursts of anger are a dose of good sassy fun, especially on the country-tinged "Amigo en el Baño", a darkly funny tune about a vibrator, and the brisk rocker "Mujer de Tacones", in which she declares she's "tired of looking at myself in the mirror . . . because in my early 20s, you've made me feel so wrinkled." García shows she's got some lyrical moxie here, and with a few more memorable arrangements to match, her incisive ballads could have even wider appeal. Here's hoping her eloquence strikes a chord."||”|
A review from El Nuevo Herald:
|“||Kany Garcia has given the public a record 100% of pop ballads, the spark that imposes its staff, with a sexy accent, while both mature. "Cualquier Día" is a disk to give to devote to hear again and again and be identified."||”|
Hoy Ya Me Voy
"Hoy Ya Me Voy" was the first single from Cualquier Dia. It was released earlier to radio stations on May 1, 2007, and as a digital download on iTunes on May 7, 2007. The music video was shot in Mexico and was directed by Alexis Gudino."Hoy Ya Me Voy" became Garcia's second highest peaking single since reaching number 22 on the Billboard Top 50 Latin Songs. The song won a Billboard Latin Music Award for "Latin Pop Airplay Song of the Year, New Artist", and it was nominated for "Song of the Year" at this year's Latin Grammy Awards.
¿Qué Nos Pasó?
Amigo en el Baño
"Amigo en el Baño" was officially released for radio airplay in the U.S. in February 2008. The music video for the song premiered in March on Puerto Rico's late night TV Show, No Te Duermas. It reached the Top 50 on Billboard Top Latin Songs, becoming Garcia's second song to chart.
"Esta Soledad" became the fourth single of Cualquier Dia. The song became Garcia's highest peaking song in the United States, reaching at #21 on Billboard Hot Latin Songs and #6 on Billboard Latin Pop Airplay.
Estigma De Amor
"Estigma De Amor" is the fifth and final single from Cualquier Dia. The song was sent to radio on September 16, 2008. The song debuted on Billboard Latin Pop Airplay at #38, and is currently at #15 becoming Kany's third Top 20 Hit on that chart. It also charted on Billboard Hot Latin Songs at #43.
Cualquier Dia: Edicion Especial
|Cualquier Día: Edicion Especial|
|Studio album by Kany García|
|Released||October 20, 2008|
The album Cualquier Dia was re-released with three songs performed acoustic with visual materials showing the making of and it also includes all the four music videos released so far. The album was released in United States and Puerto Rico only. The new edition of the album was released on October 21, 2008.
- "Esta Soledad"
- "Estigma de Amor"
- "Amigo en el Baño"
- "Hoy Ya Me Voy"
- "Mujer de Tacones"
- "¿Adónde fue Cecilia?"
- "Te Vuelvo a Ver"
- "¿Qué Nos Pasó?"
- "Carla Se Fue"
- "Si Ya No Estas Conmigo"
- "Todo Basta"
- "Bienvenida" (Video)
- "Todo Basta" (Acoustic Video)
- "Hoy Ya Me Voy" (Acoustic Video)
- "Te Vuelvo A Ver" (Acoustic Video)
- "Que Nos Pasó?" (Music Video)
- "Amigo en el Baño" (Music Video)
- "Esta Soledad" (Music Video)
- "Hoy Ya Me Voy (Music Video)
|Puerto Rico||July 6, 2007||Regular|
|October 20, 2008||Special|
|United States||July 7, 2007||Regular|
|October 21, 2008||Special|
|Chile||August 7, 2007||Regular|
|Columbia||August 13, 2007|
|Mexico||September 8, 2007|
|Spain||October 8, 2007|
|Argentina||October 15, 2007|
|2008 Latin Billboard Music Awards||Latin Pop Album of the Year, New Artist||Won|
|2008 Latin Grammy Awards||Album of the Year||Nominated|
|2008 Latin Grammy Awards||Best Female Pop Vocal Album||Won|
Cualquier Día debuted on Billboard Top Latin Albums at #72 and quickly rosed up to #48. The album charted well on Billboard Latin Pop Albums on where it charted at #10. The album was certified Disco De Oro (Gold Album) by the RIAA. In Latin America, the album debuted at #84 on Mexico Album Charts. Months after being on the charts, the album quickly jumped to #41. It was later certified Disco de Oro, for shipments of 50,000 in Mexico alone. It has spent over 35 weeks in the chart.
|U.S Billboard Top Latin Albums||48|
|U.S Billboard Latin Pop Albums||10|
|U.S Billboard Top Heatseekers ||39|
|U.S Billboard Top Heatseekers (South Atlantic)||1|
|Mexico Top 100 Albums||41|
Sales and certifications
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum (Latin)||60,000|
^shipments figures based on certification alone
End of the year charts
|Mexico Top 25 Albums of 2008||10|
- Vocals – Kany García
- Producer – Guillermo Gil
- Co-producer - Pancho Ruiz & Mario Santos
- Director of artist - Paul Forat & José Gazmey
- A&R - Charlie García
- Recorded - La Bodega, México. D.F.
- Mixing (place) - El Cielo Recording Studio Monterrey, México
- Mixing by - Memo Gil
- Recording assistant (La Bodega) - Juan Barbosa
- Mix assistant (El Cielo Recording) - Lalo
- Mastering - Güicho Gil en El Cuarto de Máquinas México, D.F.
- Composer/songwriter - Kany García
- Editor - Warner Chappell
- "Kany García entrega el corazón en su música" (in Spanish). Informador.com.mx. 2008-11-26. Retrieved 2008-11-27.
- RIAA Certification Archived 2008-09-02 at WebCite
- "Corona a Kany García Cualquier día con Disco de Oro y otros premios" (in Spanish). Informador.com. 2008-11-25. Retrieved 2008-11-26.[dead link]
- "2008 Latin Grammy Awards Nominees". Archived from the original on 2011-06-06. Retrieved 2008-09-10.
- "Se lleva el primer Latin Grammy de la noche la cantante Kany García" (in Spanish). Milenio.com. 2008-11-13. Retrieved 2008-11-14.[dead link]
- Billboard review
- "Billboard Magazine Artist Review"
- "'Cualquier día': Kany García" (in Spanish). ElNuevoHerald.com. 2009-01-02. Retrieved 2009-01-02.[dead link]
- García estrena 'Hoy ya me voy'[permanent dead link]
- Billboard Hot Latin Tracks Peak
- "Billboard Latin Pop Airplay". Billboard. 2007-12-08. Retrieved 2008-01-03.[dead link]
- "Billboard Latin Songs
- "Billboard Hot Latin Songs". Billboard. 2008-08-09. Retrieved 2008-10-19.[dead link]
- Lanzará Kany García "Estigma de amor" su nuevo corte promocional
- Billboard Latin Pop Airplay(Estigma De Amor)
- "Da color a la vida de niños y niñas" (in Spanish). Primera Hora. August 15, 2008. Archived from the original on 2014-04-21.
- "No cualquier día" (in Spanish). Univision Online. 2008-08-15. Archived from the original on 2008-09-25. Retrieved 2008-08-28.
- "Cualquier Dia: Edicion Especial Information
- 2008 Billboard Latin Music Awards Winners Archived 2008-10-04 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Big At Latin Grammy Awards". Billboard. 2008-11-14. Retrieved 2008-11-14.
- Mexico Album Chart Achieves[permanent dead link]
- Billboard Top Latin Albums
- Billboard Latin Pop Albums Debut
- Billboard Heetseeker Debut
- Billboard Top Heatseeker Albums
- "Mexican Charts - Albums - 23/2008". Mexican Charts. May 2008. Archived from the original on 2010-11-25. Retrieved 2008-09-14.
- "Certificaciones" (in Spanish). Asociación Mexicana de Productores de Fonogramas y Videogramas. Type Kany Garcia in the box under the ARTISTA column heading.
- "American album certifications – Kany Garcia – Cualquier Dia". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click Type, then select Latin, then click SEARCH
- "Kany García es la medicina para el alma" (in Spanish). Terra.com. 2007-08-08. Retrieved 2008-08-28.