|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Logo of Cube Entertainment
|Founded||August 29, 2006 (as Playcube Inc.)|
|Founder||Hong Seung-sung (Simon Hong)
Shin Jung-hwa (Monica Shin)
|Headquarters||Seoul, South Korea|
|Hong Seung-sung (Co-Founder and chairman)
Shin Jung-hwa (Co-Founder and CEO, Music Cube)
Park Choong-min (CEO, Cube)
Noh Hyun-Tae (Vice president, Cube)
|Revenue||₩ 19.4 billion (2014)|
|₩ 1.11 billion (2014)|
Hong Seung-sung (15.59%)
Universal Music Group (7.85%)
Shin Young-joon (Michael Shin) (4.47%)
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Music Cube, Inc.
Cube Entertainment Japan
Cube Entertainment is a South Korean record label founded on August 29, 2006 by Hong Seung-sung and Shin Jung-hwa as Playcube Inc.. They made a strategic alliance with iHQ on September 17, 2013. Cube owns Music Cube Inc. The label's music is distributed by Universal Music Korea, CJ E&M Music and Live and LOEN Entertainment.
- 1 History
- 2 Artists
- 3 Subsidiaries
- 4 Trainees
- 5 Former artists and trainees
- 6 Discography
- 7 Concerts
- 8 See also
- 9 References
- 10 External links
Cube Entertainment was founded on August 29, 2006 by Hong Seung-sung (aka Simon Hong), former president of JYP Entertainment, and Shin Jung-hwa (Monica Shin) as Playcube Inc. Due to the founder's past relations, Cube is sometimes mistaken as a subsidiary of JYP Entertainment, however, it is an independent corporation. Plan A Entertainment formerly A-Cube Entertainment, founded in 2011, was Cube's first subsidiary company.
Cube artists include Hyuna, Beast, BtoB, Roh Ji Hoon, Shin Ji Hoon, CLC, and Pentagon. Comedian Kim Kiri, a regular cast member on Gag Concert, signed onto Cube in September 2012, making him the first comedian under the label.
In 2013, it was announced that Rain signed a contract with Cube Entertainment. He officially joined after he concluded his military service on July 10, 2013. On October 15, 2013, Cube released a digital single for a new soloist artist, Shin Ji-hoon who had placed in the top 6 for K-pop Star 2. She is also a figure skater and plans on having joint careers in both figure skating and singing. Another new soloist, Oh Ye-ri was signed by Cube and released her debut digital single, "Because of You" on November 6, 2013. She was the winner of MBC's MBC College Song Festival in 2009.
In the end of 2015, Plan A Entertainment (formerly A Cube Entertainment) who maintained Huh Gak and Apink, was acquired by its distributor, LOEN Entertainment. LOEN invested owns 70% of Plan A share, making It an independent label distributed by LOEN Entertainment. Plan A Entertainment has now officially become one of the many, many independent companies under LOEN Entertainment and no longer under Cube Entertainment.In March 2016 Cube Entertainment opened a new subsidiary - Starline Entertainment . Singer Wax and Shin Ji Hoon are currently signed under Starline Ent.
- Choi Dae-hoon (2016–present)
- Na Jong Chan (2015–present)
- Lee Gi-kwang
- Lee Minhyuk
- Park Min-ha (2015–present)
- Seo Woo (2016–present)
- Yang Yo-seob
- Yook Sungjae
- Jung Il-hoon
- Yoon Doo-joon
- Yong Jun-hyung
- Choi Yujin
- Yeo One
- Elkie Chong
- Lee Youn-seo (former Produce 101 contestant)
- Jeon So-yeon (former Produce 101 contestant, Unpretty Rapstar contestant)
- Minnie Nicha Yontararak
- Lee Joo-hyun
- Kim Ji-woo
- Kim Hyun Ji
- Li Xi Kan
Former artists and trainees
Notable former trainees
- 2011 United Cube Concert: London (5 December), São Paulo, Brazil (13 December)
- 2013 United Cube Concert
- Andre Paine (January 5, 2010). "UMG Partners With Korean K-Pop Firm". Billboard. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- "LOEN Entertainment buys majority of A Cube Entertainment's shares". Allkpop. November 25, 2015.
- Sung So-young (5 November 2015). "Rain announces new album, concert tours". JoongAng Ilbo. Retrieved 18 February 2016.
- Sunwoo, Carla (6 December 2011). "4minute, G.NA and BEAST perform in London". Joongang Daily. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- Lee, Sun-min (3 November 2011). "K-pop to land in South America". Joongang Daily. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- Joo, Kyung-don (12 December 2011). "Show goes on for Beast member". Joongang Daily. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- Sunwoo, Carla (14 December 2011). "Fans greet K-pop groups for first concert in South America". Joongang Daily. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- Sunwoo, Carla (21 December 2011). "Cube Entertainment artists impress fans on Brazilian TV". Joongang Daily. Retrieved 26 May 2016.