|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Logo of Cube Entertainment
|Founded||August 29, 2006 (as Playcube Inc.)|
|Founder||Hong Seung-sung (Simon Hong)
Shin Jung-hwa (Monica Shin)
|Headquarters||Seoul, South Korea|
|Hong Seung-sung (Co-Founder and chairman)
Shin Jung-hwa (Co-Founder and CEO, Music Cube)
Shin Dae-Nam (CEO, Cube)
Noh Hyun-Tae (Vice president, Cube)
|Revenue||₩ 22.3 billion (2015)|
|₩ -5.5 billion (2015)|
Hong Seung-sung (15.59%)
Shin Young-joon (Michael Shin) (4.47%)(2017)
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Music Cube, Inc.
Cube Entertainment Japan
Cube Entertainment is a South Korean record label founded on August 29, 2006 by Hong Seung-sung and Shin Jung-hwa as Playcube Inc.. They made a strategic alliance with iHQ on September 17, 2013. Cube owns Music Cube Inc. The label's music is distributed by CJ E&M Music and Live and LOEN Entertainment.
- 1 History
- 2 United Cube
- 3 Subsidiaries
- 4 Former artists
- 5 Discography
- 6 Concerts
- 7 See also
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Cube Entertainment was founded on August 29, 2006 by Hong Seung-sung (aka Simon Hong), former president of JYP Entertainment, and Shin Jung-hwa (Monica Shin) as Playcube Inc. Due to the founder's past relations, Cube is sometimes mistaken as a subsidiary of JYP Entertainment, however, it is an independent corporation. Plan A Entertainment formerly A-Cube Entertainment, founded in 2011 that Cube was one of the shareholders of A Cube.
Cube artists include Hyuna, BtoB, Roh Ji Hoon, CLC, and Pentagon. Comedian Kim Kiri, a regular cast member on Gag Concert, signed onto Cube in September 2012, making him the first comedian under the label.
In 2013, it was announced that Rain signed a contract with Cube Entertainment. He officially joined after he concluded his military service on July 10, 2013. On October 15, 2013, Cube released a digital single for a new soloist artist, Shin Ji-hoon who had placed in the top 6 for K-pop Star 2. She is also a figure skater and plans on having joint careers in both figure skating and singing. Another new soloist, Oh Ye-ri was signed by Cube and released her debut digital single, "Because of You" on November 6, 2013. She was the winner of MBC's MBC College Song Festival in 2009.
In the end of 2015, Plan A Entertainment (formerly A Cube Entertainment) who maintained Huh Gak and Apink, was acquired by its distributor, LOEN Entertainment. LOEN invested owns 70% of Plan A share, making It an independent label under LOEN Entertainment. Plan A Entertainment was no longer related to Cube Entertainment. In March 2016 Cube Entertainment acquired Starline Entertainment as subsidiary. Singer Wax and Shin Ji Hoon are currently signed under Starline Ent.
In the start of 2017, Universal Music sold all the 8% stockshare of Cube Entertainment.  CUBE Entertainment has signed a distribution contract with Loen Entertainment for future music & content circulation. 
- Choi Daehoon (2016–present)
- Na Jongchan (2015–present)
- Lee Minhyuk
- Park Minha (2015–present)
- Seo Woo (2016–present)
- Yook Sungjae
- Jung Ilhoon
- Elkie Chong
- Choi Yujin
- Yeo One
Cube Tree is Cube's Artist Development Department Team for those training under the company. They introduce the trainees on their Instagram account: @cube.tree. CLC , PENTAGON and Jeon So-yeon have graduated from Cube Tree. At the moment, 6 current trainees have been revealed:
- Lai Guan-lin (Wanna One member)
- Lee Yoon-seo (former Produce 101 contestant)
- Yu Seon-ho (former Produce 101 Season 2 contestant)
- Minnie Nicha
- Kim Ji Woo (KJW)
- Lee Johyun (LJH)
- Jo Woochan (Show Me The Money 6 contestant)
- Star System，Dance Team (Long-term)
- Yama & Hotchicks，Dance Team (Guest)
- team3dcolor，Dance Team (Guest)
- Rain (2013–2015)
- G.NA (2010–2016)
- 4Minute (2009–2016)
- Apink (A Cube Entertainment, 2011–2015)
- Huh Gak (A Cube Entertainment, 2011–2015)
- Beast (2009–2016)
- M4M (2013-Inactive/Hiatus)
- 2011 United Cube Concert: London (5 December), São Paulo, Brazil (13 December)
- 2013 United Cube Concert
- Andre Paine (January 5, 2010). "UMG Partners With Korean K-Pop Firm". Billboard. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- Full earnings and ranking of top agencies like SM, YG, and JYP revealed for 2015
- "LOEN Entertainment buys majority of A Cube Entertainment's shares". Allkpop. November 25, 2015.
- 큐브엔터, 신대남 대표이사 체제 변경 2016-12-27
- 큐브엔터, 신대남 대표 체제로 변경…내년 새로운 도약 준비 2016-12-27
- Universal Music sells 8.0 pct stake in Cube Entertainment 2017-2-16
- 큐브엔터 로엔엔터테인먼트와 유통 계약 체결 (공식입장) 2017-2-27
- Sung So-young (5 November 2015). "Rain announces new album, concert tours". JoongAng Ilbo. Retrieved 18 February 2016.
- Sunwoo, Carla (6 December 2011). "4minute, G.NA and BEAST perform in London". Joongang Daily. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- Lee, Sun-min (3 November 2011). "K-pop to land in South America". Joongang Daily. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- Joo, Kyung-don (12 December 2011). "Show goes on for Beast member". Joongang Daily. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- Sunwoo, Carla (14 December 2011). "Fans greet K-pop groups for first concert in South America". Joongang Daily. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- Sunwoo, Carla (21 December 2011). "Cube Entertainment artists impress fans on Brazilian TV". Joongang Daily. Retrieved 26 May 2016.