3.22.2 / February 23, 2016
|Operating system||Unix-like and Microsoft Windows|
|Type||semantic web framework|
|License||Lesser General Public License|
It has been an open free software project since October 2008, but the project began in 2000 and was initially developed by Logilab for internal uses such as intranet, bug tracker and forge applications.
The framework is entirely driven by a data model. Once the data model is defined, one gets a functional web application and can further customize the views (by default it provides a set of default views for each type of data).
A cube is a reusable component defining specific features. For example a cube forge allows one to create one's own forge and the forge cube reuses the cubes comment, file, email, etc. Interesting general purpose cubes include dbpedia and openlibrary.
The framework has been translated to English, French, Spanish and German (April 2011).
- Semantic web: supports OWL/RDF
- Multi-source: supports RQL, SQL, LDAP, Subversion and Mercurial
- RQL: Relationship query language to ease data query
- Migration tool: fits into agile development
- View selection principle: the engine selects the best view to fit the content to display according to the context
- Cubes library: a wide range of cubes are available on the forge
- "cubicweb 3.22.2 (CubicWeb's Forge)". Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- "CubicWeb - Semantic Web Standards". Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- "semanticweb_databnf_fr (data.bnf.fr)". Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- Simon, A., Wenz, R., Michel, V., & Di Mascio, A. (2013). Publishing Bibliographic Records on the Web of Data: Opportunities for the BnF (French National Library). In The Semantic Web: Semantics and Big Data (pp. 563-577). Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Grehan, Rick. "Pillars of Python: CubicWeb Web framework". Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- Cervone, H. Frank; Svensson, Lars G. (1 July 2015). "Linked Data and User Interaction". Walter de Gruyter GmbH & Co KG. Retrieved 6 July 2016 – via Google Books.
- Cimiano, Philipp; Corcho, Oscar; Presutti, Valentina; Hollink, Laura; Rudolph, Sebastian (20 May 2013). "The Semantic Web: Semantics and Big Data: 10th International Conference, ESWC 2013, Montpellier, France, May 26-30, 2013. Proceedings". Springer. Retrieved 6 July 2016 – via Google Books. (subscription required)
- Michel, Vincent (1 August 2011). "Rss feeds aggregator based on Scikits.learn and CubicWeb". Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- Sikos, Leslie (11 July 2015). "Mastering Structured Data on the Semantic Web: From HTML5 Microdata to Linked Open Data". Apress. Retrieved 6 July 2016 – via Google Books.
- "Nicolas Chauvat (Logilab) sur CubicWeb et Dataconnexions - Silicon". 14 February 2013. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- "Open data : le logiciel libre CubicWeb primé par Etalab". 8 February 2013. Retrieved 6 July 2016.