This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||NYSE: CUB|
S&P 600 Component
|Industry||Public transport and Defense|
|Founder||Walter J. Zable|
|Headquarters||San Diego, CA|
|Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer Bradley H. Feldmann; EVP & CFO Anshooman Aga; SVP & President of Cubic Transportation Systems Matt Cole; SVP & President of Cubic Global Defense Michael Knowles; SVP & President of Cubic Mission Solutions Mike Twyman|
Number of employees
|6,200 (2020) |
|Divisions||Cubic Global Defense, Cubic Mission Solutions, Cubic Transportation Systems|
Cubic Corporation is an American public corporation providing diversified systems and services to the transportation and defense markets worldwide. Cubic Corporation is the parent company of three major divisions: Cubic Transportation Systems, Cubic Mission Solutions and Cubic Global Defense.
Cubic employs 7,900 people with office locations across the globe. Cubic's fiscal year 2014 sales totaled $1.398 billion. Bradley H. Feldmann was named president and chief executive officer of Cubic Corporation in July 2014.
Cubic's operating segments include:
- Global Defense is a provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications, operations, maintenance, technical and other support services for the U.S. and allied nations.
- Cubic Transportation Systems designs, integrates, and provides outsourced business process and information technology services for automated fare collection systems for public transit operations.[circular reference] Additionally, this segment provides the fare payment infrastructure, including gates, ticket machines and smart card readers, and the back-end or central system for processing and reporting revenue and other data. Services include customer support, software support, and operations services.
- Cubic Mission Solutions provides networked command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities for defense, intelligence, security and commercial missions.
- Cubic Defence NZ Ltd (previously, OSCMAR International Limited) is a manufacturer of training and simulations systems for military forces around the world. It is based in Auckland, New Zealand and owned by Cubic Corporation.
DTECH Labs (Acquired 2014)
DTECH Labs provides deployable and tactical communications products and solutions for military, government, first-responders and civilian customers.
Teralogics, LLC. (Acquired 2015)
TeraLogics is a provider of real-time Full Motion Video Processing Exploitation and Dissemination for the Department of Defense, the intelligence community and commercial customers based in Ashburn, Virginia.
GATR Technologies (Acquired 2016)
GATR Technologies manufactures portable, inflatable SATCOM and C4ISR terminals for tactical communications in harsh and forward or remote deployed environments.
Vocality (Acquired 2016)
Vocality provides embedded technology that unifies communication platforms enabling its business, government and military customers to communicate securely using legacy systems with the latest wireless and cellular networks.
On August 1, 2012, after discussion with the Audit committee, Cubic's management agreed to restate its financial statements for the year ended October 31, 2011, 2010, and 2009. Consequently, Cubic was forced to restate all of its previous Quarterly financial statements. What prompted the restatement was an issue with the revenue recognition policy adopted by management. The restatement produced an increase in equity of $26.9 million.
- "Cubic Corporation - Profile". Missing or empty
- "Bradley H. Feldmann: Executive Profile & Biography". Bloomberg.
- no title given Marketwatch online
- Yahoo.com page
- Cubic Transportation Systems
- "Cubic Mission Solutions".
- "Cubic Mission Solutions Expands". Archived from the original on 2017-03-28. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "Cubic Acquires DTECH Labs".
- "Cubic acquires Teralogics".
- "Cubic Acquires GATR Technologies".
- "Cubic Acquires Vocality".
- "Cubic Corporation Reports Financial Results for Fiscal Year Ended September 30, 2012 / Completes Restatement for Fiscal Years 2009, 2010, and 2011 and Interim Periods", Marketwire, "FinanzNachrichten", December 14, 2012
- Homepage of Cubic Corporation