Cuisine of Lesotho
Basotho (people of Lesotho) cuisine features African traditions and British influence. Lesotho is surrounded by South Africa and it shares culinary practices with its neighbor.
Lesotho's food culture features likhobe (a stew with beans, berries, and sorghum), meat, and vegetables. Corn-based dishes include papa and motoho (fermented sorghum porridge).
Basotho cuisine includes sauces, generally less spicy than other African countries. Beetroot and carrot salads are common side dishes.
British desserts can be found.
Other traditional foods include:
- Ginger beer
- Local brews
- Motoho (fermented porridge) 
- ^ a b c d e f g h Lesotho Archived 2015-02-17 at the Wayback Machine by Alexandra Menglide Foodspring.com
- ^ "How to cook Lesotho sorghum stew and Catalonian rice with rabbit". Landscape News. 2020-06-26. Retrieved 2021-08-10.
- ^ "Taste Atlas: Take a trip round Africa with our food guide". Pulse Nigeria. 2019-02-07. Retrieved 2021-08-10.
- ^ MENAFN. "Lesotho- Lockdown diaries". menafn.com. Retrieved 2021-08-10.
- ^ "(PDF) TRADITIONAL FERMENTED FOODS OF LESOTHO Address(es)". ResearchGate. Retrieved 2021-08-10.
- ^ Innovations, NUL Research and. "THE NUL GRADUATE CUISINE THAT SELLS SESOTHO FOODS | NUL Research and Innovations". nulresearchandinnovations.co.ls. Retrieved 2021-08-10.
- ^ "Our Journey to Lesotho". International Cuisine. 2016-06-02. Retrieved 2021-08-10.
- ^ "Ethnic Food of Lesotho". Travel Tips - USA Today. Retrieved 2021-08-10.