Cullompton services is a motorway service station on the M5 motorway near Exeter. It is owned by Extra MSA. It has a McDonald's restaurant which is owned by Extra, a small WHSmith and a Costa Coffee which is owned by Moto Hospitality. There is also a Shell petrol station near.
The services are situated on a narrow strip of land between the Bristol to Exeter railway line and the motorway at junction 28, and are accessible from the M5, A373 and B3181 roads. The junction at the southbound exit slip road is a very simple design with low traffic capacity. Unusually the service area is signed from the northbound carriageway but not from the southbound one, to reduce congestion at the low capacity service station, although it is readily accessible from both directions.
- Snap Account
In 2006 the service area was criticised by Which? magazine as being the worst in the country, but following a programme of improvements Cullompton was given a 3-star rating by VisitEngland in May 2012.
- "M5 J28 Cullompton". Extra Motorway Services. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- "Google Maps". Google. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- "M5 J28 Cullompton | Extra Motorway Services". www.extraservices.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-07-15.
- "Driving Pit Stop - Find Highway and Motorway services". www.drivingpitstop.com. Archived from the original on 2016-09-10. Retrieved 2016-07-15.
- "Cullompton Services". The Society for All British and Irish Road Enthusiasts. 23 May 2011. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- "'Worst service station' hits back". BBC News. 7 March 2006. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
|Motorway service stations on the