From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up cult, cults, or cult. in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A cult is a religious or social group with socially deviant or novel beliefs and practices.
Cult or cults may also refer to:
Sociology and religion
- Cult (religious practice), literally the "care" owed to God or gods and to temples, shrines, or churches
- New religious movement, cult in a common modern sense
- Cult following, a group of fans who are highly dedicated to a specific work of culture
- Cargo cult, a religious practice ritually mimicking a more advanced culture
- Cult of personality, when an individual uses mass media, propaganda, or other methods, to create an idealized, heroic, and at times, worshipful image
- Imperial cult, a form of state religion in which a ruler is worshipped as a demigod or deity
- Imperial cult (ancient Rome), identified emperors and some members of their families with the divinely sanctioned authority of the Roman State
- Greek hero cult, one of the most distinctive features of ancient Greek religion
- The Cult, a British rock band
- "Cult" (Slayer), a single from the 2006 Eternal Pyre EP by the thrash metal band Slayer
- Cult (Apocalyptica album), a 2000 album by cello metal band Apocalyptica
- Cult (Bayside album), 2014
- Cults (band), a New York-based indie pop band
- Cults (album), the 2011 debut album by the band of the same name
- Cult (TV channel), an Italian TV Channel
- The Cult (TV series), a 2009 New Zealand television drama series
- Cult (TV series), a 2013 U.S. television series
- Cult, Haute-Saône, France
- Cults, Aberdeen, a suburb of Aberdeen, Scotland
- Cults Academy, a school in Cults, Aberdeenshire
- Cults, Fife, a parish in the Fife area, Scotland
- Committee on Culture and Education (CULT), a committee of the European Parliament
- Cult (film), a Japanese film
- Cult (book), a management book by Arindam Chaudhuri
- Confraternities in Nigeria, also known as "campus cults"
- Blue Öyster Cult, an American rock band
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Cult.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.