A cultural catholic is a person who identifies with Catholic traditions but does not actively practice the religion. Some cultural Catholics may still attend church at special occasions, such as Christmas, Easter, infant baptism, weddings and funerals.
- Cultural Christian
- Cultural Judaism
- Cultural Mormon
- Cultural Muslim
- Lapsed Catholic
- Recovering Catholic
- Rachel Zoll, What would 'cultural Catholic' Sotomayor mean for Supreme Court?, Associated Press, 6/3/2009
|This Catholic Church–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
- Tricia C. Bruce, Cultural Catholics in the United States. Annual Review of the Sociology of Religion, Volume 9, 2018.
- David Masci, Who are ‘cultural Catholics’?, Pew Research Center. 3 September 2015.
- Mark Bauerlein, Cultural Catholics. First Things, 29 March 2019.
- Ireland and the End of Cultural Catholicism, Catholic World Report, 28 May 2018.