A cultural manager (Spanish: gestor/gestora cultural) is a person who is motivated by the improvement of art, works independently and professionally with knowledge of the subject, and develops work as a mediator between governmental and/or private cultural institutions with artists from different areas to articulate their work in the market with promotion and national and international dissemination.
The cultural manager works by looking for specific measures of success, always intending to improve the level of culture, seeking active cohesion between society, the governmental sector, the private sector, and the artists. The work of culture management poses learning challenges in diverse areas such as the administration of economic resources, training, and artistic communication.
Cultural management is a new profession. A person who is dedicated to this work is characterized by having abilities to visualize and interpret talent, knowing how to establish a dialogue with artists to link them to cultural projects to develop.
Universities that offer degree programs in cultural management include the University of Antioquia, the Latin American Social Sciences Institute, the University of Chile, the University of Córdoba, the National University of Colombia, the University of Barcelona, the Open University of Catalonia, and the University of Piura.
- "¿Qué es un gestor cultural?" [What is a Cultural Manager?] (in Spanish). Open University of Catalonia. 28 June 2016. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "Gestor cultural" (in Spanish). Educaweb. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- Aballay, Silvia; Avendaño Manelli, Carla Fernanda (2010). "Acercando realidades a través de la gestión cultural" [Bringing Together Realities Through Cultural Management]. Gestión cultural: Entre conceptos lejanos y realidades cercanas [Cultural Management: Between Distant Concepts and Nearby Realities] (in Spanish). Eduvim. pp. 13–16. ISBN 9789871518968. Retrieved 18 April 2018 – via Google Books.
- "Maestría en Gestión Cultural" [Master's in Cultural Management] (in Spanish). University of Antioquia. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- Formación en gestión cultural y políticas culturales [Training in Cultural Management and Cultural Policies] (PDF) (in Spanish). UNESCO. 2005. pp. 53–54. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "Revista de Gestión Cultural" [Journal of Cultural Management] (in Spanish). University of Chile. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "Grado de Gestión Cultural" [Degree in Cultural Management] (in Spanish). University of Córdoba. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "La U.N. ofrecerá Maestría en Gestión Cultural" [The U.N. Will Offer a Master's in Cultural Management] (in Spanish). Manizales: National University of Colombia. 27 February 2018. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "Máster de Gestión Cultural" [Master's of Cultural Management] (in Spanish). University of Barcelona. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "Máster Universitario online en Gestión Cultural - UOC". estudios.uoc.edu. Retrieved 3 June 2022.
- "Gestión Cultural" (in Spanish). University of Piura. Retrieved 18 April 2018.