Culver Township, St. Louis County, Minnesota
|Culver Township, Minnesota|
|• Total||35.1 sq mi (90.9 km2)|
|• Land||34.6 sq mi (89.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.5 sq mi (1.3 km2)|
|Elevation||1,299 ft (396 m)|
|• Density||8.4/sq mi (3.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0663906|
U.S. Highway 2 serves as a main route for the township. Highway 2 runs east–west along Culver Township's southern boundary line with adjacent Stoney Brook Township.
The city of Brookston is located within Culver Township geographically but is a separate entity.
A portion of Culver Township is located within the Fond du Lac Indian Reservation.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 35.1 square miles (91 km2); 34.6 square miles (90 km2) is land and 0.5 square miles (1.3 km2), or 1.45%, is water.
The following are adjacent to Culver Township :
- Industrial Township (east)
- Arrowhead Township (west)
- Stoney Brook Township (south)
- Brevator Township (southeast)
- Alborn Township (north)
- New Independence Township (northeast)
- Ness Township (northwest)
As of the census of 2000, there were 285 people, 99 households, and 72 families residing in the township. The population density was 8.2 people per square mile (3.2/km²). There were 118 housing units at an average density of 3.4/sq mi (1.3/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 92.28% White, 5.96% Native American, and 1.75% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.35% of the population.
There were 99 households out of which 36.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 61.6% were married couples living together, 8.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 26.3% were non-families. 20.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 10.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.70 and the average family size was 3.05.
In the township the population was spread out with 29.5% under the age of 18, 6.0% from 18 to 24, 27.7% from 25 to 44, 21.4% from 45 to 64, and 15.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35 years. For every 100 females there were 115.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 101.0 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $38,333, and the median income for a family was $41,875. Males had a median income of $35,833 versus $16,705 for females. The per capita income for the township was $15,028. About 9.0% of families and 12.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 13.4% of those under the age of eighteen and 18.4% of those sixty five or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Race, Hispanic or Latino, Age, and Housing Occupancy: 2010 Census Redistricting Data (Public Law 94-171) Summary File (QT-PL), Culver township, St. Louis County, Minnesota". U.S. Census Bureau, American FactFinder 2. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved August 25, 2011.
- Upham, Warren (1920). Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance. Minnesota Historical Society. p. 480.