Cumberland Bay State Park
|Cumberland Bay State Park|
|Location||152 Cumberland Head Road
Plattsburgh, New York
|Nearest city||Plattsburgh, New York|
|Area||350 acres (1.4 km2)|
|Operated by||New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation|
|Visitors||47,432 (in 2014)|
|Website||Cumberland Bay State Park|
Cumberland Bay State Park is a 350-acre (1.4 km2) state park located in the Town of Plattsburgh in Clinton County, New York. The park is located on the Cumberland Head peninsula on the western shore of Lake Champlain.
Cumberland Bay State Park offers a 2,700-foot (820 m) sand beach, picnic tables, a playground, and playing fields. The park also hosts a campground with 152 tent and trailer sites, 18 of which include electrical hookups. The campground is open May through October.
The park is a popular location for ice fishing during the winter months.
- "Cumberland Bay State Park - Getting There". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved November 4, 2015.
- NYS Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation (May 10, 2010). State Park Acquisition Record and Document Review (PDF) (Report). pp. 6–11. Retrieved November 27, 2015.
- "State Park Annual Attendance Figures by Facility: Beginning 2003". Data.ny.gov. Retrieved November 4, 2015.
- "Cumberland Bay State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved November 4, 2015.
- "Cumberland Bay State Park". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved November 4, 2015.
- Keene, Ben (2013). "Cumberland Bay State Park". Camping New York: A Comprehensive Guide to Public Tent and RV Campgrounds. Globe Pequot. p. 59. ISBN 0762780916. Retrieved November 4, 2015.
- Rybaak, Spider (2004). Fishing Eastern New York. Guilford, Conn.: Falcon. p. 101. ISBN 0762711000. Retrieved November 4, 2015.
|This article about a location in Clinton County, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|