Cumberland Mine Railroad
Operations on the mine and associated railroad began in November 1976. The line was originally developed by United States Steel as a source of steam coal for export to Canada. Subsequently the mine and railroad have changed hands several times. As of January 2021 they are owned by Iron Senergy Holding LLC, and this coal is being consumed by domestic power plants.
The tracks extend 17 miles from the preparation plant (located about 2 miles west of Kirby) to the Amelia Dock barge-loading facility on the Monongahela River south of Greensboro. The barges deliver the loads to the Norfolk Southern at East Millsboro.
- "Trains Newswire: Cumberland Mine, with rail operation, has new owner". Retrieved 17 January 2021.
- "Cumberland Mine Labelle Dock Site" (PDF). WallacePancher Group. Retrieved 18 January 2021.
- "FRS Facility Detail Report". EPA. Retrieved 18 January 2021.
- "Cumberland Coal Resources, LP in Kirby, PA". Trainorders.com. 9 February 2012. Retrieved 18 January 2021.
-  Trains Magazine
-  Railroad Fan.com
-  The Diesel Shop
-  Trainorders.com
-  Flickr
-  Observer-Reporter
- William Beecher Jr., Cumberland, Coal, and Diesels. Trains Magazine, January 2021, pp 30-37.