|Industry||Networking software, Cloud Networking|
|Headquarters||Mountain View, California, USA|
|Josh Leslie, CEO,
JR Rivers, CTO & Co-Founder,
Nolan Leake, Co-Founder
|Products||Operating System for Switches|
Cumulus Networks is a computer software company headquartered in Mountain View, California, USA. The company designs and sells a Linux operating system for industry standard network switches to deliver networking solutions for large datacenter, cloud computing, and enterprise environments.
Cumulus Networks was founded by JR Rivers and Nolan Leake in 2010. The company raised a first round of seed funding in 2012. Cumulus Networks emerged publicly in June 2013 after previously operating in stealth mode.   The company is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Battery Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Peter Wagner and 4 of the 5 original VMware founders.
- Open network install environment
- Open Compute Project
- Open-source computing hardware
- Software-defined networking
- Stacey Higginbotham (March 5, 2012). "The lowdown on stealth startup Cumulus Networks". GigaOM.
- Deborah Gage (June 19, 2013). "Bringing Linux to Networking, Cumulus Publicly Emerges" (blog). The Wall Street Journal.
- Paul Venezia (June 19, 2013). "Cumulus Networks unveils 'Cisco killer'".
- Greg Ferro (June 19, 2013). "Cumulus Networks Casts a Shadow On Cisco Strategy".
- Jack Clark (June 20, 2013). "Cumulus sighting means storm coming for Cisco".
- "Cumulus Networks™ Brings The Power Of Linux® To Networking". June 19, 2013. Archived from the original on 2013-06-27.
- "Cumulus Networks Investors".
- "Dell Teams With Cumulus Networks To Sell Bare-Metal Switches".
- "HP Launches New Open Network Switches for Web Scale Cloud Data Centers".
|This corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|