From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up cupula in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A cupula is a small, inverted cup or dome-shaped cap over a structure, including:
- Ampullary cupula, a structure in the vestibular system, providing the sense of spatial orientation.
- Cochlear cupula, a structure in the cochlea.
- A structure surrounding hair cell receptors sensitive to hydrodynamic flow in fish.
- The cervical parietal pleura in the thorax.
- A layer in the otolith organs.
- The cupula optica, or optic cup, in embryological development of the eye.
- Cup-like structure fitted over the eye during electrophysiology study
- Suprapleural membrane.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Cupula.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.