|Studio album by Steve Hackett|
|Genre||Progressive rock, pop rock|
|Label||Charisma (United Kingdom)
Epic (United States)
|Producer||John Acock, Steve Hackett, Nick Magnus|
|Steve Hackett chronology|
|Singles from Cured|
Cured is the fifth solo album from former Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett. Prior to recording Cured, Hackett disbanded the group with which he recorded Spectral Mornings and Defector. Only Hackett's brother, John, and keyboardist Nick Magnus remained from that band.
The album is largely a collaboration between Hackett and Magnus. All drum parts were provided by a drum machine, programmed by Magnus, and Hackett performed all the vocals, making this the first album for him to do so. Although there are distinct elements of progressive rock on Cured, the album is much more pop-oriented than Hackett's previous work.
The cover photo was taken by Kim Poor.
All songs written by Steve Hackett except where indicated.
- "Hope I Don't Wake" – 3:48
- "Picture Postcard" – 3:55
- "Can't Let Go" – 5:43
- "The Air-Conditioned Nightmare" – 4:42
- "Funny Feeling" (Steve Hackett, Nick Magnus) – 4:07
- "A Cradle of Swans" – 2:49
- "Overnight Sleeper" (Steve Hackett, Kim Poor) – 4:37
- "Turn Back Time" – 4:23
2007 Remaster Bonus Tracks
- "Tales of the Riverbank" – 2:00
- "Second Chance" – 2:00
- "The Air-Conditioned Nightmare" (Live) – 4:08
- Steve Hackett – guitar, bass, vocals
- Nick Magnus – keyboards, drum machine
- John Hackett – flute on "Overnight Sleeper", bass pedals on "The Air-Conditioned Nightmare"
- Bimbo Acock – saxophone on "Picture Postcard"
|1981||Billboard (North America) Pop Albums||169|
|1981||UK Album Charts||22|