||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||Canary Wharf, London, UK|
|Keith Hatton (CEO, May 2011 – Present)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Jointly owned by Palamon Capital Partners and Corsair Capital|
Currencies Direct Ltd is a UK-based foreign exchange broker and international payment provider. It delivers currency exchange services in a number of countries to individuals, online sellers and businesses. Currencies Direct was established in 1996 by Mayank Patel and Peter Ellis, offering a range of currency tools, and providing free transfers at a better rate of exchange than the high street banks.
It now employs more than 250 people in 19 offices around the world.
- 1996: Currencies Direct was founded in London by Mayank Patel and Peter Ellis.
- 1999: Opened its first overseas office in Torrevieja on the Costa Blanca.
- 2008: Currencies Direct launched an online payment system, iPayFX.
- 2009: Currencies Direct was authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority for the provision of payment services (FRN 504360).
Currencies Direct has offices in the UK, the USA, Spain, France, India, South Africa and Portugal. It also has operations in the Republic of Ireland, Scandinavia, and Malta.
Currencies Direct offers foreign exchange services, forward contracts, telegraphic transfer, risk solutions, affiliate partnerships and online services. Currencies Direct specialises in services for those who are buying property abroad, emigrating, importing and exporting, studying overseas, selling online or making other large and/or regular foreign exchange transfers.
- "Mayank Patel: Making money from currency". Citywealth. 7 December 2009. Retrieved 9 December 2015.
- "GB06 Success Stories, Mayank Patel - Currencies Direct". growingbusiness.co.uk. February 2006. Retrieved 3 February 2011.
- "Online tool cuts costs for SMES trading abroad". FX&MM Magazine. Dec 2008.