Currency Creek Game Reserve
|Currency Creek Game Reserve|
IUCN category VI (protected area with sustainable use of natural resources)
|Nearest town or city||Goolwa|
|Established||19 June 1975|
|Area||1.28 km2 (0.5 sq mi)|
|Managing authorities||[[[Department for Environment and Water (South Australia)|Department for Environment and Water]]|
|See also||Protected areas of South Australia|
Currency Creek Game Reserve is a protected area in the Australian state of South Australia located on the south-western side of Lake Alexandrina in the gazetted locality of Currency Creek about 0.5 kilometres (0.31 miles) north-east of Goolwa. The game reserve was proclaimed under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1972 ‘for the management and conservation of waterfowl, particularly native game species’ with duck shooting permitted during open seasons. The game reserve is classified as an IUCN Category VI protected area.
- "Protected Areas Information System - reserve list (as of 25 November 2014)" (PDF). Department of Environment Water and Natural Resources. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Search result for "Currency Creek Game Reserve" (Record no. SA0017423) with the following layers selected - "Suburbs and Localities" and " Place names (gazetteer)"". Property Location Browser. Government of South Australia. Archived from the original on 12 October 2016. Retrieved 11 August 2016.
- "Register of the National Estate (Non-statutory archive), Currency Creek Game Reserve, Laffin Point via North Goolwa, SA, Australia". Commonwealth of Australia (C of A), Department of the Environment. 21 October 1980. Retrieved 10 January 2015.
- Boating Industry Association of South Australia (BIA); South Australia. Department for Environment and Heritage (2005), South Australia's waters an atlas & guide, Boating Industry Association of South Australia, pp. 27 & 41, ISBN 978-1-86254-680-6
- "Terrestrial Protected Areas of South Australia (see 'DETAIL' tab)". CAPAD 2012. Australian Government - Department of the Environment. 6 February 2014. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
|This South Australia protected areas related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This protected areas-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|