Curse of the Hidden Mirror
|Curse of the Hidden Mirror|
|Studio album by Blue Öyster Cult|
|Released||June 5, 2001 (US)|
|Recorded||Millbrook Sound Studios, Millbrook, New York|
|Genre||Hard rock, heavy metal|
|Producer||Buck Dharma, Eric Bloom|
|Blue Öyster Cult chronology|
|Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal||8/10|
Curse of the Hidden Mirror is the fourteenth studio album by the American hard rock band Blue Öyster Cult, released in 2001. The only single from the record was the poorly received "Pocket". Lackluster sales and poor relations led to the band being dropped by their label, Sanctuary Records. BÖC has not recorded a studio album or held a record deal since.
The title of the album is taken from a song contained in the unreleased album by the Stalk-Forrest Group, the band that would later become Blue Öyster Cult, recorded in 1970.
The song "Out of the Darkness" was originally featured in the 1992 film Bad Channels, which Blue Öyster Cult recorded the soundtrack for, although the song was not included in the soundtrack album for the movie. Showtime was originally written and recorded for Cultösaurus Erectus but did not make the final cut.
- "Dance on Stilts" (Donald Roeser, John Shirley) – 6:05
- "Showtime" (Eric Bloom, John Trivers) – 4:38
- "The Old Gods Return" (Bloom, Roeser, Shirley) – 4:36
- "Pocket" (Roeser, Shirley) – 4:15
- "One Step Ahead of the Devil" (Bloom, Roeser, Danny Miranda, Bobby Rondinelli, Shirley) – 4:16
- "I Just Like to Be Bad" (Bloom, Bryan Neumeister, Shirley) – 3:54
- "Here Comes That Feeling" (Roeser, Dick Trismen) – 3:21
- "Out of the Darkness" (Miranda, Bloom, Roeser, Shirley) – 5:06
- "Stone of Love" (Roeser, Richard Meltzer) – 5:49
- "Eye of the Hurricane" (Bloom, Neumeister, Roeser, Rondinelli, Shirley) – 4:40
- "Good to Feel Hungry" (Miranda, Bloom, Roeser, Shirley) – 4:12
- Eric Bloom – lead vocals on tracks 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 11, guitars, keyboards, associate producer
- Donald 'Buck Dharma' Roeser – guitars, lead vocals on tracks 1, 4, 7, 9, keyboards, producer
- Allen Lanier – guitars, keyboards
- Danny Miranda – bass, keyboards, background vocals
- Bobby Rondinelli – drums
- Norman DelTufo – percussion
- George Cintron – background vocals
- Paul Orofino – engineer, mixing
- Leon Zervos – mastering
- Horowitz, Hal. "Blue Öyster Cult Curse of the Hidden Mirror review". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2011-11-13.
- Wilson, David L. "Blue Oyster Cult – "Curse of the Hidden Mirror" (CMC International)". Blistering. Retrieved 2012-04-22.
- Popoff, Martin; Perri, David (March 2011). The Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal: Volume 4: The '00s. Burlington, Ontario, Canada: Collector's Guide Publishing. ISBN 9781926592206.
- "Bad Channels (1992 Video) – Soundtracks – IMDb". Retrieved 2014-01-26.