Cursed (2019 TV series)
|Country of origin||United States|
Cursed is described as "a re-imagining of the Arthurian legend, told through the eyes of Nimue, a teenage heroine with a mysterious gift who is destined to become the powerful (and tragic) Lady of the Lake. After her mother’s death, she finds an unexpected partner in Arthur, a young mercenary, in a quest to find Merlin and deliver an ancient sword. Over the course of her journey, Nimue will become a symbol of courage and rebellion against the terrifying Red Paladins, and their complicit King Uther." Netflix has described the series as a "coming-of-age story whose themes are familiar to our own time: the obliteration of the natural world, religious terror, senseless war, and finding the courage to lead in the face of the impossible".
Cast and characters
On March 28, 2018, it was announced that Netflix had given the production a series order for a first season consisting of ten episodes. The show is based on the upcoming novel of the same name by Frank Miller and Tom Wheeler that had itself been announced a week prior and was expected to be published by Simon & Schuster in 2019. The book, an illustrated young adult novel entitled Cursed, was set to have Wheeler write the story and Miller provide the illustrations. In addition to creating the television adaptation, Miller and Wheeler were also expected to executive produce the series as well. On September 12, 2018, it was announced that Zetna Fuentes is set to direct and serve as an executive producer for the first two episodes of the series and that Katherine Langford had been cast in the series' lead role.
- Andreeva, Nellie (March 28, 2018). "Netflix Orders TV Series 'Cursed' From Frank Miller & Tom Wheeler Based On Book Reimagining King Arthur Legend". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 28, 2018.
- Andreeva, Nellie (September 12, 2018). "'13 Reasons Why's Katherine Langford To Star In Netflix's Arthurian Series 'Cursed'; Zetna Fuentes To Direct". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved September 12, 2018.
- Otterson, Joe (March 28, 2018). "Frank Miller, Tom Wheeler to Adapt Upcoming Novel 'Cursed' As Netflix Series". Variety. Retrieved March 28, 2018.
- Goldberg, Lesley (March 28, 2018). "Frank Miller Sets King Arthur Drama Series at Netflix". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 28, 2018.
- Gilyadov, Alex (March 28, 2018). "Frank Miller to tackle King Arthur series for Netflix". IGN. Retrieved March 28, 2018.