Curtin University, Malaysia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Location||Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia|
Curtin University, Malaysia (Curtin Malaysia) is the largest international campus of Curtin University, a university based in Perth, Western Australia. It provides local and international students with higher education in Sarawak, Malaysia.
- 1 Location
- 2 History
- 3 University rankings
- 4 Pre-University Programmes
- 5 Undergraduate Degree Studies
- 6 Postgraduate Studies
- 7 Australian affiliation
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Curtin's Malaysia campus is located in Miri, Sarawak. It is the first and largest offshore campus of Curtin University of Technology and the first offshore campus set up in East Malaysia.
The Sarawak State Government invited Curtin to establish an international university in Sarawak. Curtin Malaysia's operations in Miri commenced in February 1999. In 2002, the new campus was built. In November 1999, Curtin Malaysia was awarded the Multimedia Super Corridor status and was renewed in 2006.
|QS Arts & Humanities||315=|
|QS Engineering & Tech.||188=|
|QS Social Sciences & Mng.||198=|
Curtin University is ranked in the top two per cent of universities worldwide in the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2016. It is ranked 27th in the world for universities under the age of 50 in the QS World University Rankings 2016 and has received an five star overall excellence rating in the QS stars rating 2017.
The following subject areas that are available at Curtin University Malaysia Campus are strongly ranked and have received a five-star rating in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2014:
- Accounting and Finance (top 100)
- Chemical Engineering (top 100)
- Civil and Structural Engineering (top 150)
- Communication and Media Studies (top 100)
- Computer Science and Information Systems (top 200)
- Earth and Marine Sciences (top 100)
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (top 200)
- Environmental Studies (top 150).
Pre-University Programmes at Curtin University Malaysia Campus prepare students for university study.
Language Studies and Humanities
- Intensive English Programme (IEP)
- Commerce and Arts Stream
- Engineering and Science Stream
Undergraduate Degree Studies
Faculty of Business and Humanities
The faculty offers qualifications that are accredited by international as well as national professional associations and governmental agencies.
Bachelor of Commerce:
- Bachelor of Arts (Media, Culture and Communication)
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)
Bachelor of Commerce with double majors:
- Accounting and Finance
- Accounting and Banking
- Accounting and Entrepreneurship
- Banking and Finance
- Entrepreneurship and Marketing
- Finance and Marketing
- Finance and Management
- Management and Marketing
- Public Relations and Management
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Tourism, Hospitality and Marketing
Faculty of Engineering and Science
The Faculty of Engineering and Science at Curtin Malaysia was established in 2000. It offers Engineering and Science courses, including the four-year Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) degree and the three-year Bachelor of Science degree. The school offers doctoral and masters programs. Academics from the Faculty is active in of research and in consultancy activities through Curtin Consultancy Services.
Bachelor of Engineering:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Construction Engineering
- Electrical Power Engineering
- Electronic and Communication Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
Bachelor of Science:
- Applied Geology
Bachelor of Technology majoring:
- Computer Systems and Networking
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management (F1-K028)
- Graduate Diploma in Project Management (F1-K029)
- Master of Science (Project Management) (F1-K030)
- Master of Engineering Science(Electrical Engineering) (F1-K49)
- Master of Petroleum Engineering (N/524/7/0047)
- Master of Philosophy (F1-K040/KA4658):
- Electrical and Computer Engineering - Mechanical Engineering - Civil Engineering - Chemical Engineering - Applied Geology
- Master of Philosophy (Accounting) (N/344/6/0150)
- Master of Philosophy (Business Law and Taxation)(N/481/6/0272)
- Master of Philosophy (Economic and Finance)(N/314/6/0012)
- Master of Philosophy (Information Systems)(N/481/6/0273)
- Master of Philosophy (Management) (N/481/6/0274)
- Master of Philosophy (Marketing) (N/340/6/0228)
- Master of Philosophy (Public Relations) (N/321/6/0063)
- Doctor of Philosophy (F1–K040)
- Doctor of Philosophy (F1-K027)
Curtin Malaysia offers identical degrees to those at the Curtin University main campus in Western Australia. Examinations for the degree programmes are set and moderated at Curtin's main campus in Perth to ensure that they meet and fulfill the academic standards. Academics from Perth visit the Curtin Sarawak campus for quality audit and for consultations on issues ranging from assignments, projects, tasks and other assessments.
- "QS World University Arts & Humanities Rankings 2013". Quacquarelli Symonds Limited.
- "QS World University Engineering & Technology Rankings 2013". Quacquarelli Symonds Limited.
- "QS World University Social Sciences & Management Rankings 2013". Quacquarelli Symonds Limited.
- "World University Rankings". Times Higher Education. 2014. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "Academic Ranking of World Universities - 2014". ShanghaiRanking Consultancy. 2014. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "CWTS Leiden Ranking 2013". Centre for Science and Technology Studies, Leiden University.
- "Curtin University Rankings". About Curtin University. Curtin University. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 23 April 2015. Retrieved 2015-05-09.