|Products||Jewellery and Writing instruments|
Curtis Australia is an Australian-based and operated jewellery and pen manufacturer that makes handmade writing instruments and diamond jewellery.
Curtis Australia’s history dates to the 1890s. Almost a hundred years ago, jewellery / jewelry became the focus over leather goods made by early family settlers. Continuing now, Curtis Australia still use traditional techniques such as lost wax casting and hand gemstone setting. The company now produces a broader range of items, including fine jewellery / jewelry and luxury writing instruments. Writing instruments produced by the brand usually contain elements of precious metal or gemstone(s) to reflect Curtis origins as jewellers. Pen models are often solid sterling silver, such as the Adventurer Series or a combination of materials such as evident in the Dream Writer range. Founder Glenn Curtis is a Fellow of the Gold & Silversmiths Guild of Australia and has been making jewellery in Australia for 40 years.
In late 2014, Curtis were chosen to contribute to the Robb Report Magazine's Ultimate Gift Guide, a collection of extreme luxury products and concepts aimed at the very wealthy. The Curtis pen designs included concepts called 'Artistry' - a gem set and gold pen drawing inspiration from decorative art history, and 'Racing the Wind' a design featuring a diamond set eagle and stallion. Both concepts are intended to prompt design commissions from the magazines subscribers.
- 2002 Curtis Australia begin creating writing instruments. The 'Prestige' Collection of eight sterling silver pen models are launched, including designs still available today. 'Prestige' Pens are the first to make use of Curtis' sculptured relief decoration technique which features throughout subsequent pen models to varying degrees.
- 2006 Curtis exhibits at the National Stationery Show, New York May. Exports pens to the USA, and features in Pen World Magazine USA / Worldwide September 2006, page 36
- 2010 Curtis relocate to new, purpose built studio with increased space and capabilities to create pens and jewellery product.
- 2011 Founder Glenn Curtis invited to be a judge for Rio Tinto Diamonds Global Design Competition in New York, organised by Rio Tinto Diamonds
- 2014 Curtis Australia open a showroom / office in Melbourne Australia CBD, Australia
- 2009 Robb Report Best of the Best
- 2010 Pen World magazine Readers Choice Award for Best Metal Mastery
- 2007 Curtis Australia takes part in G'Day USA – an Australian Government initiative to promote Australian goods and services in the U. S.
- 2010 Curtis Australia move to new, purpose built studio designed for both fine jewellery and luxury pen making.
- 2010 Article in Pen World Magazine, USA publication, August 2010 refers to this infrastructure development and features selected Curtis product
(author: Laura Chandler)
- 2014 Curtis Pen designs included in the Robb Report Magazine's Ultimate Gift Guide (author: John Lyon)
- 2015 Curtis Australia featured in 'Executive Style' The Age (Melbourne Australia) and the Sydney Morning Herald luxury portal (author: Melissa Pearce)
- 2006 'Prestige' Collection. Solid sterling silver pen series comprising eight initial models.
- 2009 Wildlife Warrior Pen - A gem set solid gold pen featuring endangered wildlife from Australia and around the world in a series of bas relief carvings
- 2010 Morning Mist Necklet & Fountain Pen, associated jewellery pieces. A two colour gold necklet and fountain pen set with Rio Tinto Diamonds 'Silvermist' Diamonds
- 2011 Jack Nicklaus Series
The Jack Nicklaus Collector's Pen Series marks significant achievements in the career of professional golfer Jack Nicklaus and includes pens that feature the Masters Tournament, the US Open and the Ryder Cup, with the British Open and the US PGA pen designs still in development.
- 2013 'Signature' Pen launched. Solid gold pen with a detailed carved eagle to the top, designed as a desk pen.
- 2014 'Signature' Pen featured page 68, March 2014 issue Robb Report Magazine (author: John Lyon)
- 2014 'The Ultimate Pen' a $1.2m pen design by Curtis features in the Robb Report December 2014 Issue, page 214 (author: John Lyon) as part of the luxury magazines 'Ultimate Gift Guide' 
In addition to producing pens, Curtis also produces several jewellery collections, examples include the 'Flight of Fantasy' necklet and the 'Morning Mist' necklet. Recent additions include a range of two tone gold rings made by fusing different colours of solid gold into the one item and a range of pieces that include reclaimed hardwood.
- 2010 Morning Mist Collection Pen and Necklet
- 2014 Two Tone Gold Band Rings launched.
- Curtis Australia - Heritage of Craftsmanship.  2015. Retrieved 4 May 2015.
- Olson, Nancy  13 May 2009. Retrieved 21 November 2013
- Australia Week Sponsor Gains 12 Month Leap Into Market.  2007. Retrieved 21 November 2013
- Curtis Australia rewrites the rules for luxury pens
- Olson, Nancy.  13 May 2009. Retrieved 21 November 2013
-  Gem Talk. May 2010. Retrieved 21 November 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Curtis Australia.|