This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||February 14, 1972|
|Occupation||Animator, illustrator, writer|
|Known for||Bob the Builder, Frankenstein's Cat and Wereworld|
|Website||Curtis Jobling's website|
Curtis Jobling (born February 14, 1972) is a British illustrator, animator and author, born in Blackpool, England but lives in Warrington.  He is best known for his role as production designer of children's TV hit, Bob The Builder, where he visualised all of that programme's characters and sets. Jobling is also an author and illustrator of children's books, notably Frankenstein's Cat, a muddled up feline. The first series of Frankenstein's Cat has now aired on CBBC and BBC1 in the UK. Frankenstein's Cat has also aired in France, Australia and South America.
Curtis' new pre-school show, Raa Raa the Noisy Lion, about a noisy lion cub and his Jingly Jangly Jungle friends is currently in production by Chapman Entertainment and McKinnon and Saunders, and first aired on the BBC's CBeebies channel in Spring 2011.
In 2010, Curtis signed a two-book deal with Puffin for his young adult series of fantasy horror entitled Wereworld. The first novel, Rise of The Wolf, was released in January 2011 in the UK, and short-listed for the Waterstone's Children's Book Prize 2011. The US edition will be released in Fall 2011. Following the huge success of Book 1, the second book, Rage of Lions, which was originally scheduled to be released in January 2012, has been brought forward to Summer 2011, with books 3 & 4 released in 2012, and books 5 & 6 released in the summer and fall of 2013 respectively.
He is also a fan of the rugby team Warrington Wolves (nickname Wire) and has been seen singing "Wire Till I Die" in the stands of a stadium, and an avid fan of the Walking Dead television series and graphic novels.
- Frankenstein's Cat
- The Skeleton in the Closet (with Alice Schertle) (Harper Collins Children's Books, 2003) ISBN 0-688-17739-5
- My Daddy: My Daddy is the Best in the Universe (Harper Collins, 2005) ISBN 0-00-712255-1
- Cheeky Monkey (Oxford University Press, 2006) ISBN 0-19-272549-1
- Dinosaurs After Dark (with Jonathan Emmett) (Harper Collins Children's Books, 2006) ISBN 0-00-722464-8
- Old Macdonald had a Zoo (Egmont, 2014) ISBN 978-1405267120
- The Sheep Won't Sleep (Egmont 2015) ISBN 978-1405267113
The Wereworld Series
- Wereworld: Rise of the Wolf (Puffin, 2010) ISBN 978-0-14-133339-7
- Wereworld: Rage Of Lions (Puffin, 2011) ISBN 978-0-14-133340-3
- Wereworld: Shadow of the Hawk (Puffin, 2012) ISBN 978-0-14-134049-4
- Wereworld: Nest of Serpents (Puffin, 2012) ISBN 978-0-14-134050-0
- Wereworld: Storm of Sharks (Puffin,2013) ISBN 978-0-14-134500-0
- Wereworld: War of the Werelords (Puffin,2013) ISBN 978-0-670-78559-9
- Haunt (Simon and Schuster Children's books, 2014) ISBN 978-1471115776
- Haunt 2: Dead Wrong (Simon and Schuster UK, 2014) ISBN 978-1471115790
Max Helsing: Monster Hunter Series
- Max Helsing and the 13th curse (Viking Books, 2015) ISBN 978-0451474797
- Max Helsing and the Beast of Bone Creek (Viking Books, 2016) ISBN 978-0451474803
- "Bob the Builder designer nominated for children's book prize with debut novel".
- "Bob the Builder writer gives pupils a story-telling masterclass".
- "World of Warriors - A NEW HERO - Tour".
- http://www.warringtonwolves.org/its-a-wereworld-for-curtis-3929/[permanent dead link]