Lepore in 2016
|Born||June 28, 1983 (age 33)
Smithtown, New York
|Education||State University of New York at Oswego|
|Occupation||Vine star, musician|
|Known for||Vine skits|
From 2009–2012, Curtis Lepore was the frontman of straight edge hardcore band, GHOSTxSHIP, a band he helped found in his hometown of Syracuse, New York. In 2012, Lepore issued a statement announcing his departure from the band. After leaving the band, Lepore also provided guest vocals on a record for rock band No Zodiac.
Many of Curtis’ [Vine] videos involve collaborations with other Vine stars such as Lele Pons, Christian DelGrosso and KingBach. Lepore was one of the first clients of Vine talent agency, Grape Story.
Until a controversy in 2013, Lepore was part of one of the first online celebrity couples with his relationship to video blogger Jessi Vazquez. They were supposedly introduced by Jessica's manager and engaged in a handful of public stunts and appearances as part of their relationship, including a public meeting in Washington Square Park which featured a live band and a special hashtag to commemorate the event. At the time, Lepore had over 1 million Vine followers. As of February 2014, Lepore has 7.5 million followers on Vine.
Lepore was raised in Smithtown, New York. He attended SUNY Oswego before moving to Los Angeles. He is vegan and straight edge. He has a Boston Terrier named Buster Beans whom he adopted in 2010 from an elderly couple who could no longer care for him. As of March 2015, Buster now has over a million of his own followers on Vine. Lepore is actively involved in a variety of national and local charitable organizations, such as Stuff-A-Truck, a project which focuses on donating toys to underprivileged children.
In October 2013, Lepore was alleged to have raped his then-girlfriend, Jessi "Smiles" Vazquez. The incident occurred when Vazquez was in Los Angeles recovering from a concussion. Vazquez stated that Lepore came over to help while she was recovering and once asleep, Lepore raped her. Charges were filed in January 2014; Lepore, who pleaded not guilty to the charge, was released on $100,000 bail. In February 2014, Lepore took a plea deal in the case; the rape charges were dropped and he pleaded guilty to felony assault. In February 2015, Lepore's felony assault charges were reduced to a misdemeanor.
- Jessi Smiles’s Manager Helped Set Her Up With Another Internet Star New York Magazine. April 2014
- "About – Curtis Lepore Official Site". Curtislepore.com. Retrieved April 18, 2015.
- "GHOSTxSHIP vocalist leaves the band! [UPDATE]". Idioteq.com. Retrieved April 18, 2015.
- "Vine users". Statista.com. Retrieved August 14, 2016.
- "[VIDEO] Curtis Lepore leaves GHOSTxSHIP, issues statement | STRAIGHTEDGEWORLDWIDE – Straight Edge Community Magazine". Straightedgeworldwide.com. Retrieved April 18, 2015.
- "Vocalist Curtis Lepore Disbands With GHOSTxSHIP". Legendsarising.com. August 6, 2012. Retrieved April 18, 2015.
- "Vine". Vine.co. Retrieved April 18, 2015.
- Kessler, Sarah (June 27, 2013). "Meet The First People Who Can Say They Have A Vine Agent | Fast Company | Business + Innovation". Fastcompany.com. Retrieved April 18, 2015.
- "Curtis Lepore". Vine.co. Retrieved April 18, 2015.
- "Curtis Lepore's Twitter". January 17, 2014. Retrieved May 9, 2016.
- "12 Reasons Why Buster Beans is the King of the Internet". Barkpost.com. July 10, 2013. Retrieved April 18, 2015.
- MULSHINE, MOLLY. "Vine Celeb Curtis Lepore Accused of Raping His Viner Girlfriend". Observer.
- MULSHINE, MOLLY. "Vine Star Curtis Lepore Takes Plea Deal in Rape Case, Is a Major Dick About It". Observer.
- HARDING, DAVID. "Vine star Curtis Lepore charged with rape by ex Jessi Smiles (VIDEO)". NY Daily News.
- Dodero, Camille. "Jessi Smiles's Manager Helped Set Her Up With Another Internet Star". New York Magazine.
- Longeretta, Emily. "Curtis Lepore: Rape Charges Dropped As He Pleads Guilty To Felony Assault". Hollywood Life.
- "Lepore Felony Dropped; Lepore Free to Talk". Wegmanlevin.com. January 1, 2015. Retrieved April 18, 2015.