|Position:||Running backs coach|
|Date of birth:||November 15, 1970|
|Place of birth:||Marlin, Texas|
|High school:||Marlin (TX)|
|Coaching stats at PFR|
Curtis Modkins (born November 15, 1970) is an American football coach who is the current running backs coach for the Chicago Bears of the National Football League (NFL). He was previously the offensive coordinator for the NFL's San Francisco 49ers. 
Modkins attended Texas Christian University (TCU), where he was a three-year starting running back for the TCU Horned Frogs football team. He rushed for 2,763 yards and caught 54 passes during his college career, and was a second-team all-Southwest Conference selection in 1992.
Modkins began his coaching career as a graduate assistant at his alma mater, TCU in 1995. He was promoted to the position of secondary coach in 1996 and then coached the Horned Frogs' tight ends in 1997.
Modkins spent time learning under head coach Chan Gailey (while they were at Dallas). After Gailey went to Georgia Tech to become its next head coach Modkins followed, becoming the coach of both running backs and defensive backs. When Gailey was fired from Georgia Tech, Modkins went with him to the Kansas City Chiefs, to coach running backs. Gailey was the offensive coordinator. Modkins left his spot with the Chiefs to coach the same position for the Arizona Cardinals. On January 23, 2010 Gailey named Modkins his offensive coordinator, but when Gailey was hired he said he was going to be running the offensive plays, so Modkins coached running backs. Modkins was dismissed, along with the entire Bills coaching staff, on December 31, 2012.
On January 14, 2013, Modkins was hired as the running backs coach of the Detroit Lions.
On January 22, 2016, Modkins was hired by the San Francisco 49ers as their new offensive coordinator.
NFL head coaches under whom Curtis Modkins has served:
- Herman Edwards, Kansas City Chiefs (2008)
- Ken Whisenhunt, Arizona Cardinals (2009)
- Chan Gailey, Buffalo Bills (2010–2012)
- Jim Schwartz, Detroit Lions (2013)
- Jim Caldwell, Detroit Lions (2014–2015)
- Chip Kelly, San Francisco 49ers (2016)
- Gaughan, Mark (31 December 2012). "Bills make it official: Gailey is fired". The Buffalo News. Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- Rogers, Justin (January 14, 2013). "Detroit Lions hire Curtis Modkins to coach running backs; promote Jeremiah Washburn". mlive.com. Retrieved January 16, 2013.
- Mayer, Larry (January 19, 2017). "Bears hire three assistant coaches". Chicago Bears. Retrieved January 26, 2017.