Curtis Thompson (footballer)
|Full name||Curtis Liam Thompson|
|Date of birth||2 September 1993|
|Place of birth||Nottingham, England|
|2011–2012||→ Lincoln City (loan)||8||(0)|
|2012–2013||→ Ilkeston (loan)||6||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23:18, 10 August 2015 (UTC).
Born in Nottingham, Thompson started his career at the age of 12 when he signed for Leicester City. He played for the club for four years before he was released in 2009 after not being offered a scholarship. He subsequently signed a two-year scholarship with Notts County. In the summer of 2011, he signed an 18-month professional contract. He made his professional debut on 4 October 2011, in a 3–1 defeat to Chesterfield in the Football League Trophy, replacing Mike Edwards as a substitute. On 21 October 2011, he joined Football Conference side Lincoln City, under the caretaker-manager Grant Brown, on an initial one-month youth loan, debuting later that day as an 88th minute substitute for Josh O'Keefe in the club's 2-0 Football Conference at Cambridge United. This would proved to be Thompson's only appearance for the club as three days later David Holdsworth was appointed manager of the Red Imps and he elected to cut-short Thompson's loan.
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2012). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2012–2013 (43rd ed.). London: Headline. p. 574. ISBN 978-0-7553-6356-8.
- "Curtis Thompson career record". Lincoln City F.C. Official Archive Profile. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Black History - Open the Door for Black Coaches". Black Presence. Retrieved 2012-09-04.
- "Player profile". Notts County FC. Retrieved 2012-09-04.
- "Notts County 1-3 Chesterfield". Football.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-09-04.
- "Imps Take Young Magpie on Loan". Football Conference. Retrieved 2012-09-04.
- "Cambridge United 2-0 Lincoln City". BBC Sport. 21 October 2011. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Holdsworth to make new signings in bid to battle Lincoln City injury crisis". Lincolnshire Echo. 10 November 2011. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Lincoln City's David Holdsworth targets more signings". BBC Sport. 10 November 2011. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Thompson Joins Ilkeston". Notts County F.C. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- Curtis Thompson career statistics at Soccerbase. Note that this has incorrect data for Thompson's career with Lincoln City. The seven appearances from 29 November 2011 - 1 January 21012 should be attributed to Tyrone Thompson.