|Born||September 17, 1980(age 43)|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
Curtis "Curt" Tomasevicz (born September 17, 1980) is an American bobsledder who has competed since 2004, and a former college football player. He won six medals at the FIBT World Championships with two golds (Four-man: 2009, 2012), a silver (Mixed team: 2007) and three bronzes (Two-man: 2009, Mixed team: 2008, 2009).
Tomasevicz finished sixth in the four-man event at the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin. He was an alternate during the (2006–07) season on World Cup tour for driver Steven Holcomb and won a gold in Cesana, Italy during the 2007–08 season.
It was announced on 15 January 2010 that he made the US team in both the two-man and four-man events at the 2010 Winter Olympics, where he won a gold medal.
In high school he ran track and played football. he also dated a girl named Natalie from [Osceola Nebraska]. Tomasevicz earned his bachelor degree and Master of Science degree in electrical engineering with a minor in astronomy, and in December 2017 a PhD in biological systems engineering, all from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He played fullback and middle linebacker for the Nebraska Cornhuskers football team from 2000–2003, and was named an Academic All-Big 12 player in 2002. He comes from Shelby, Nebraska. Tomasevicz serves as an Assistant Professor in biological systems engineering at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, and also speaks at schools around Nebraska.
Tomasevicz is a faithful Catholic who has an appreciation for the Church's longstanding and fruitful relationship with science, and an appreciation for other aspects of the Church's history. Tomasevicz got married recently. http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/olympic-gold-medalist-shares-sochi-experience/
- Curtis Tomasevicz at the International Bobsleigh & Skeleton Federation
- Curt Tomasevicz at TeamUSA.org (archived)
- US Bobsleigh and Skeleton Federation announcement of the US Olympic men's bobsleigh team. January 17, 2010. Accessed January 18, 2010.
- 2006 bobsleigh four-man results
- Mixed bobsleigh-skeleton world championship medalists since 2007
- From the Gridiron to G-Forces
- Engineers on the Gridiron[permanent dead link]
- "Curtis Tomasevicz | College of Engineering | University of Nebraska–Lincoln". engineering.unl.edu. Retrieved 2 May 2021.