Curtiz is a 2018 film by Tamás Yvan Topolánszky, based on the life of Michael Curtiz. It won the Grand Prix des Amériques at Montreal in 2018. The lead role is played by Ferenc Lengyel, opposite Evelin Dobos. The film's Executive Producer was Orian Williams.
- Ferenc Lengyel as Michael Curtiz
- Evelin Dobos as Kitty
- Declan Hannigan as Mr. Johnson
- Scott Alexander Young as Hal B. Wallis
- Jozsef Gyabronka as S.Z. Sakall
- Nickolett Barabas as Bess
- Yan Feldman as Julius Epstein
- Rafael Feldman as Philip Epstein
- Andrew Hefler as Jack L. Warner
- The Montreal World Film Festival took place this year between 23 August and 3 September. Congratulations are in order, as Index reports that Tamás Yvan Topolánszky’s biopic Curtiz won Best Film, while the Best Director was announced to be Attila Szász for Eternal Winter. "Casablanca is easily one of the best-known films ever made, directed by a Hungarian man, Mihály Kertész, also known as Michael Curtiz. He was the first Hungarian to receive an Oscar as Best Director, and about whom Tamás Yvan Topolánszky’s latest film, Curtiz, is. Curtiz is portrayed by Ferenc Lengyel, the female lead by Evelin Dobos."
|This article related to a Hungarian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|