Cusec is a measure of flow rate and is informal shorthand for "cubic feet per second" (28.317 litres per second). In the United States it is generally applied to water flow, particularly in rivers. Other informal synonyms are cfs and second-feet.
- 1 ft3s−1 = 0.028316847m3s−1, 1 ft3s−1 = 1 cusec
- 1 ft3s−1 = 28.316847 litre s−1, 1 cubic foot per minute = 1 cufm
- 1 cusec = 1.699 m3min−1, 1 cusec = 1699 litres min−1
- 1 gallon per minute = 0.07577 litre s−1, 1 gallon per minute = 7.577x10-5 m3s−1
(These are UK not US gallons: 1 imperial gallon = 1.201 US gallons)
- Cumec, for cubic meter per second
- "Units: C", The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, webpage: UNC-Rowlett.