Customer Support is a range of services to assist customers in making cost effective and correct use of a product. It includes assistance in planning, installation, training, troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrading, and disposal of a product. Regarding technology products such as mobile phones, televisions, computers, software products or other electronic or mechanical goods, it is termed technical support.
Phone and Emails are the primary means to offer web-based assistance for your customers when matters do not require an immediate answer. Low-cost, non-intrusive and anywhere-anytime access are some of the advantages of email-based communications. Trouble Ticketing System and CRM Applications help keep track of a series of follow-up correspondence with a particular customer. Services offered via email response management is claims processing, polling/media analysis, subscription services, troubleshooting, complaint registrations etc.
Being a successful Customer Support agent requires a full skillset of abilities that will allow one to communicate efficiently with the customer and provide fast and effective solutions to their problems.
- Customer Success
- Customer service
- Help desk software
- Web chat
- Professional services automation
- Run Book Automation (RBA)
- Technical support
- "What is customer support? definition and meaning". BusinessDictionary.com. Archived from the original on 2018-07-23. Retrieved 2011-03-19.
- Murphy, Ian (November 11, 2021). "What is Ticketing System?".
- Murphy, Ian (November 11, 2021). "CRM Customer Relationship Management explained".
- Greek, Jobs (December 14, 2022). "What is Customer Care and Customer Support".