Cut Me Some Slack
|"Cut Me Some Slack"|
|Song by Paul McCartney, Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic and Pat Smear|
|from the album Sound City: Real to Reel|
|Released||December 14, 2012|
|Genre||Post-grunge, hard rock|
"Cut Me Some Slack" is a song by Paul McCartney, Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic and Pat Smear from Grohl's film Sound City and its soundtrack. The song was first performed at the 12-12-12 benefit concert by the four, and was released on December 14, 2012, through YouTube. The song was a jam featuring McCartney and the surviving members of Nirvana, and it was described by McCartney as a "Nirvana reunion". The four performed the song on Saturday Night Live in 2012; and again, along with a number of Beatles songs, at a Paul McCartney concert in Seattle (Nirvana's home town) on June 19, 2013.
The song was recorded as a jam. Various artists were assembled by Grohl to record Sound City, including McCartney.
- Dave Grohl – drums, backing vocals
- Paul McCartney – vocals, cigar box guitar
- Krist Novoselic – bass guitar
- Pat Smear – guitar
|Canada Rock (Billboard)||27|
- "Sir Paul McCartney fronts Nirvana reunion at Superstorm Sandy fund-raising concert". The Telegraph. 2012-12-13. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- "Cut Me Some Slack – McCartney.Grohl.Novoselic.Smear". YouTube. 2012-12-14. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- O'Malley Greenburg, Zack (2014-02-05). "How Paul McCartney Ended Up In A Nirvana Reunion". Forbes. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- "Paul McCartney Talks 'Powerful' Nirvana Reunion". Ultimate-Guitar.com. 2013-07-24. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- Stephen Thomas Erlewine (2013-03-12). "Sound City: Real to Reel - Original Soundtrack | Songs, Reviews, Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-04-10.
- "Grammy Awards: Best Rock Song". Rock On The Net. Retrieved 2016-04-10.
- "Paul McCartney Chart History (Canada Rock)". Billboard. Retrieved 2012.
- http://lp3.polskieradio.pl/szukaj/?typ=a&q=paul%20mccartney. Missing or empty