4.0 (Writer ed.) / April 18, 2020
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Type||PDF converter and editor|
CutePDF is a proprietary Portable Document Format converter and editor for Microsoft Windows developed by Acro Software. CutePDF Writer can create PDF files, and CutePDF Form Filler can edit simple PDF forms so that they can be sent without using more expensive PDF authoring software.
Freeware Genius, in "The best freeware virtual PDF printer: a comparison" (June 16, 2011), wrote: "The virtual printers that we tried but decided to exclude from the comparison were Bolt PDF Printer, CutePDF Writer, ImagePrinter, pdf995, PDFlite and Primo PDF, mainly because they were inferior by functionality, configurability, or ease of use. Some (e.g. Primo PDF and CutePDF) were removed from the list for privacy considerations as they contain adware/spyware components." As of 19 June 2016, the installer attempts to install the Ask web browser toolbar, notorious for browser hijacking, and the OpenCandy adware.
- Johnson, Ruth S.; Mims-Cox, J. Sabrina; Doyle-Nichols, Adelaide (2006). Developing Portfolios in Education. Sage Publications. p. 160. ISBN 9781412913898.
- Schildermans, Jozef (2011-03-30). "Deel 2: CutePDF Professional". Computable (in Dutch). Retrieved 2015-04-14.
- "Technology: 'CutePDF Writer' is easiest for saving file". Winston-Salem Journal. Retrieved 2015-04-14.
- Jacobi, Jon L. (2009-01-13). "Complete PDF Forms on the Cheap with CutePDF Form Filler". PC World. Retrieved 2015-04-14.
- Humpa, Michael. "CutePDF Writer". Chip.de (in German). Retrieved 2015-04-14.
- Shultz, Greg (9 October 2003). "TechRepublic Tutorial: Create your own PDF files for free with CutePDF Printer". Tech Republic. Retrieved 2015-04-14.
- Pegoraro, Rob (May 2, 2009). "How can I save a document as a PDF on my Windows PC?". The Washington Post. Retrieved April 14, 2015.
- Null, Christopher (February 13, 2014). "5 cheaper alternatives to Acrobat for PDF editing". PC World. Retrieved 2015-04-14.
- "CutePDF Writer". Lo4d.com. Retrieved July 5, 2015.
- "CutePDF Writer 3.1: CutePDF Writer may contain a virus or malware". Lo4d.com. Retrieved May 18, 2016.
- Brinkmann, Martin (August 10, 2014). "Security: OpenCandy explained: what you need to know about the technology". ghacks.net.
- Priit (June 16, 2011). "The best freeware virtual PDF printer: a comparison". Frewware Genius.
- "cutewriter.exe: CutePDF Writer, Acro Software Inc (analysis date: June 19, 2016)". herdProtect Anti-Malware. Retrieved June 19, 2016.