|Birth name||Mich Hedin Hansen|
|Born||9 April 1968|
|Genres||Pop, R&B, hip hop|
|Occupation(s)||Record producer, songwriter|
|Associated acts||De Serious Cutshock
Soulshock & Cutfather
Cutfather is perhaps best known for his remix of "Return of the Mack" by Mark Morrison (1996), and the song "Superstar" released internationally by Jamelia in 2003.  [better source needed] As part of the Cutfather & Joe partnership he wrote and produced for Peter Andre, Ace of Base, Westlife, Blue, Jamelia, Shayne Ward, Lee Ryan, Lemar, Blazing Squad and Kylie Minogue. In 2004 Cutfather received a prestigious Ivor Novello songwriting award for Best Performing song, for his composition "Superstar" by Jamelia (which he also co-produced), which was the most performed song in the United Kingdom that year.
Writing and Producing Collaborations
|This section does not cite any sources. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Cutfather produced wrote and remixed songs with his former production partner Joe Belmaati, as Cutfather and Joe.
- Cutfather was one half of the Danish producer team Soulshock & Cutfather in partnership with Carsten Schack (pka Soulshock).
- They founded together the Danish label Soulpower Productions in 1990.[better source needed]
- In 2011, Cutfather collaborated with Melanie C on the release of her fifth solo album, The Sea.
- Cutfather regularly collaborates with many other Danish songwriters and producers, including Peter Wallevik and Daniel Heloy Davidsen, and Kasper Larsen
X Factor in Denmark
On 24 September 2010 it was announced that Cutfather would replace Soulshock in season four of X Factor in Denmark. He joined returning judge Pernille Rosendahl and former judge Thomas Blachman. Cutfather won in his first season with Sarah Skaalum Jørgensen. After completing the fifth season (his second season), Cutfather left X Factor and was replaced by Anne Linnet.
- . In 2015 "Up" performed by Olly Murs feat. Demi Lovato, written and produced with Daniel Davidsen and Peter Wallevik, became an international hit.<http://www.officialcharts.com/artist/45594/olly-murs-ft-demi-lovato/> Cutfather has worked with Danish producer Jonas Jeberg. Together they wrote and produced for Pussycat Dolls, Kylie Minogue, Pixie Lott, the Wanted, JLS, Jessica Mauboy and Jordin Sparks. Cutfather has previously worked with Joe Belmaati in the songwriting and production team Cutfather & Joe. 
- The 49th Ivor Novello Awards were presented by BASCA and sponsored by PRS on 27th May 2004 at the Grosvenor House, London
- Soulpower Productions
- Who is … Cutfather?, Copenhagen Post, 10 February 2012