Cuylerville is a hamlet in the Town of Leicester, in Livingston County, New York, United States. The population was 297 at the 2010 census, which lists the community as a census-designated place.
The community was named for W. T. Cuyler, an early settler. The hamlet is located on the site of Little Beard's Town, a large Seneca Indian village destroyed in the Sullivan Campaign. Mary Jemison, known as "the White Woman of the Genesee", lived here. The National Hotel was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2004. Located near Cuylerville is the Boyd & Parker Park and Groveland Ambuscade, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2009.
Chenango Bridge is located at 42°46′37″N 077°52′15″W / 42.77694°N 77.87083°W (42.7770068, -77.8708370) and its elevation is 571 feet (174 m).
According to the 2010 United States Census, Chenango Bridge has a total area of 0.421 square miles (1.09 km2), all of which is land.
- ^ a b c "Cuylerville". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved January 13, 2013.
- ^ a b c "Places: New York". 2010 Census Gazetteer Files. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved January 13, 2013.
- ^ a b "Cuylerville CDP, New York". Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved January 13, 2013.
- ^ "Post Offices By County: Livingston County, New York". United States Postal Service. Retrieved January 13, 2013.
- ^ a b "FIPS55 Data: New York". FIPS55 Data. United States Geological Survey. February 23, 2006. Archived from the original on October 19, 2006.
- ^ Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States. Govt. Print. Off. p. 98.
- ^ Who Was Who in America, Historical Volume, 1607-1896. Chicago: Marquis Who's Who. 1963.
- ^ a b National Park Service (March 13, 2009). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. Cite error: Invalid
<ref> tag; name "nris" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).