||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
5.5.3 / March 28, 2017
|License||Commercial, Rsync, Cygwin, OpenSSH and OpenSSL are free software, cwRsync Installer/Tools are proprietary|
cwRsync is an implementation of Rsync for Windows. Rsync uses a file transfer technology specified by the Rsync algorithm, transferring only changed chunks of files over the network. cwRsync can be used for remote file backup and synchronization from/to Windows systems. cwRsync contains Cygwin DLLs and a compiled version of Rsync on Cygwin. A client GUI is also provided as of the version 5.0.0.
The first version of cwRsync was developed to address requirements of an internal project at Color Line, and is published as a free solution on the mailing list for Rsync users. cwRsync quickly became very popular and is kept updated with newer versions of underlying solutions.
cwRsync comes in two versions: cwRsync client and cwRsync server. You can use the cwRsync client to initiate Rsync transfers from your host, while the cwRsync server makes your files/directories available for upload/download for Rsync transfers. cwRsync client contains a Secure channel Wrapper to set up external secure ssh channels.
Rsync client GUI has following features:
- Specify sources and destination (local, remote ssh and daemon modes)
- Specify filters and a subset of options
- Create rsync command according to your specification
- Run rsync on the fly both in production and test mode
- Create batch files for task scheduling
- Save and load your favorite rsync settings as profiles
- Language localization
- "Novell AppNote: Using RSYNC with Windows".
- "Making secure remote backups with Rsync".
- "Using Rsync for Internet Backups".
- "Installing Rsync on Windows or Linux Servers".
- "YouTube video: Using cwRsync in Windows 7".
- "Backing Up Your Data with cwRsync and sync2nas".
- "Copssh, cwRsync and Nagwin - now as paid solutions !".
- "cwRsync - Free Edition".
- "5.2.2 Release".
- "Initial Release".