O-4-cyanophenyl O,O-dimethyl phosphorothioate
|Systematic IUPAC name
O-(4-cyanophenyl) O,O-dimethyl phosphorothioate
3D model (JSmol)
CompTox Dashboard (EPA)
|Molar mass||243.22 g·mol−1|
|Appearance||Yellow to reddish-yellow transparent liquid|
|Melting point||14 to 15 °C; 57 to 59 °F; 287 to 288 K|
|Boiling point||119 to 120 °C; 246 to 248 °F; 392 to 393 K at 0.09 mmHg|
|Safety data sheet|||
|GHS signal word||Danger|
|H302, H311, H361, H370, H372, H400|
|P201, P202, P260, P264, P270, P273, P280, P281, P301+312, P302+352, P307+311, P308+313, P312, P314, P321, P322, P330, P361, P363, P391, P405, P501|
Except where otherwise noted, data are given for materials in their standard state (at 25 °C [77 °F], 100 kPa).
|what is ?)(|
Cyanophos is a cholinesterase inhibitor used as an insecticide and avicide; for example, against rice stem borers and house flies. It is part of the chemical class of organophosphorus compounds, and is a yellow to reddish-yellow transparent liquid.
Cyanophos can enter the body via inhalation, ingestion, and contact with the skin and eyes. Symptoms of cyanophos poisoning resemble those of the chemical weapon sarin and include dyspnea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, bronchorrhea, blurred vision, and opsoclonus.
It is classified as an extremely hazardous substance in the United States as defined in Section 302 of the U.S. Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (42 U.S.C. 11002), and is subject to strict reporting requirements by facilities which produce, store, or use it in significant quantities.
- BAY 34727
- Bayer 34727
- ENT 25,675
- O,O-dimethyl O-(4-cyanophenyl) phosphorothioate
- O,O-dimethyl O-(p-cyanophenyl) phosphorothioate
- O,O-dimethyl O-4-cyanophenyl phosphorothioate
- O,O-dimethyl O-4-cyanophenyl thiophosphate
- O,O-dimethyl-O-p-cyanophenyl phosphorothioate
- O-p-cyanophenyl O,O-dimethyl phosphorothioate
- Phosphorothioic acid O-(4-cyanophenyl) O,O-dimethyl ester
- Phosphorothioic acid, O,O-dimethyl ester, O-ester with p-hydroxybenzonitrile
- Phosphorothioic acid, O-p-cyanophenyl O,O-dimethyl ester
- S 4084
- Sumitomo S 4084
- "Material Safety Data Sheets: Cyanophos" (PDF). Central Pollution Control Board, Ministry of Environment & Forests, Government of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-04-22. Retrieved 2011-12-08.
- "Cyanophos: CAMEO Chemicals". NOAA.gov. Retrieved 2011-12-08.
- "40 C.F.R.: Appendix A to Part 355—The List of Extremely Hazardous Substances and Their Threshold Planning Quantities" (PDF) (July 1, 2008 ed.). Government Printing Office. Retrieved October 29, 2011.