|Danny Bluestone, Matt Gibson, Sylvain Reiter|
Number of employees
Cyber-Duck is a full service digital agency founded in 2005 and based in Elstree, United Kingdom. The company specialises in user experience (UX) design, marketing strategies, web and app productions, and software as a service (SaaS).
In 2015, Cyber-Duck acquired additional offices in Farringdon, London. It now employs over 40 staff. It works with clients from the financial, pharmaceutical, motoring and security sectors, among others. These include the Bank of England, Cancer Research UK, and GOV.UK Verify partner CitizenSafe.
Projects with Ogilvy, London Creative and Wisteria followed before Cyber-Duck moved to offices in Devonshire House, Borehamwood. In 2010, the firm was commissioned to develop a website for the European Commission in the UK.
In 2011, the company moved to a self-contained premises in Elstree, Hertfordshire. Shortly afterward, Cyber-Duck was listed on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA in recognition of its substantial revenue growth over the previous five years.
As the company grew, its expertise also broadened. This resulted in guest spots on several television shows. Cyber-Duck was featured in an episode of the Gadget Show in 2011, and Chief Production Officer Matt Gibson appeared on BBC Watchdog in 2013 to assist in researching websites and their checkout processes.
The firm continued to attract business from companies in London, so the decision was made to open a new office in central London. The Farringdon office opened in 2015, and was followed by a rebrand.
In 2016, Cyber-Duck went on to work with the Bank of England. Ahead of the launch of the new polymer £5 note, featuring Winston Churchill, the company was tasked with creating a user-friendly website to showcase the new banknote and promote public awareness. The success of the campaign led to further commissions, including 2017's website the New Ten and a redesign of the Bank of England's main website.
Awards & Accreditations
Cyber-Duck is known for its focus on process accreditation as a driver of creativity. In 2011, the company obtained its first ISO 9241 accreditation in Human Centred Design for interactive systems.
Two years later, Cyber-Duck obtained a further certification, the ISO 9001 for Quality Management Systems. It acquired another certification in 2016 with the ISO 27001 - the focus of this accreditation was Information Security Management.
Cyber-Duck's digital products have won numerous Wirehive 100, BIMA and Webby awards. Most notably, the company's UX Companion, a free iOS and Android app that is a glossary of UX theories, featured in Usability Geek and Smashing Magazine.
- Finextra (2016-04-13). "Cyber-Duck selected by Bank of England to build new polymer note Website". Finextra Research. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "Cancer Research launches crowd-sourced marketplace for technology arm". The Drum. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "GOV.UK Verify Partner, CitizenSafe, Launches Consumer Awareness Campaign with Cyber-Duck". Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "EU Commission launches UK website". BBC News. 2010-11-23. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- Banks, Martin (2010-11-24). "EU launches website to dispel "urban myths"". ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "Elstree-based company ranked in top 500 list". Borehamwood Times. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- The Gadget Show - Series 16 - Episode 6
- "Dark Patterns and Sports Direct on BBC Watchdog | 90 Percent Of Everything". 90 Percent Of Everything. 2013-10-21. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- Cyber-Duck (2015-06-25), Cyber-Duck - 10th Anniversary Rebrand Story, retrieved 2017-10-12
- "Bank of England tasks Cyber-Duck with creating website to publicise the £5 polymer banknote". The Drum. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "The New Fiver". www.thenewfiver.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "The New £10 Polymer Banknote | Bank of England". www.thenewten.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "What on Earth is ISO 9241? | UX Booth". Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "Why Certify? Accreditation can add value to UX design | UX Magazine". uxmag.com. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "Wirehive 100". 100.wirehive.com. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "OfficeCavalry.com | The Webby Awards". www.webbyawards.com. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "UX Companion". uxcompanion.com. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "UX Companion - How to Make Sense of all the UX Industry Jargon - Usability Geek". Usability Geek. 2014-10-01. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "How To Make Side Projects Work At A Digital Agency". www.smashingmagazine.com. Retrieved 2017-10-12.