Cyber-shot is Sony's line of point-and-shoot digital cameras introduced in 1996. Cyber-shot model names use a DSC prefix, which is an initialism for "Digital Still Camera". Many Cyber-shot models feature Carl Zeiss trademarked lenses.
All Cyber-shot cameras accept Sony's proprietary Memory Stick or Memory Stick PRO Duo flash memory. Select models have also supported CompactFlash. Current Cyber-shot cameras support Memory Stick PRO Duo, SD, and SDHC.
- R and RX series – state-of-the-art, large sensor compact cameras
- T Series – rugged, slimline cameras with touchscreens
- H series and HX series – bridge cameras with long superzoom lenses
- W series – entry-level cameras
Some Cyber-shot models can take 3D stills by shooting two images using two different focus settings. The technology uses one lens only for the process, and users can later see the images on a 3D TV or on a regular 2D screen. The cameras have been available since 2010.
Cyber-Shot models such as the DSC-HX20V and the DSC-HX200V have a built-in GPS so the user can have their photos automatically geotagged as they are being taken. The feature can also serve as a compass as it shows the user's position on the camera screen.
Tru Black is a technology developed by Sony which allows a better visualization of the screen, even when there is too much light. It enables LCD screens to automatically change the display contrast in order to enhance the controlling reflectance. In other words, when light hits a display with Tru Black technology, the screen turns opaque as a means to improve the visualization of the content.
Cyber-shot cameras are equipped with a panoramic technology branded as Sweep Panorama, which enables the user to capture wide format photographs using only one lens. The photos can be taken and displayed in 2D or 3D.
- "Sony Cyber-shot Compact Digital Camera". Sony. Archived from the original on 2013-03-10. Retrieved January 7, 2013.
- "Explore Cyber-shot™ high definition cameras". Sony. Archived from the original on 2013-01-06. Retrieved May 8, 2013.
- "Sony Adds 3D Shooting to New Cyber-shot Cameras".
- "Camera with GPS Sony".
- "TruBlack Display". Archived from the original on 2014-01-12.
- Media related to Sony Cyber-shot at Wikimedia Commons