|Privately Owned Company|
|Founded||February 17, 1998|
|Headquarters||730 Baldwin Park Blvd|
City of Industry, California, U.S.
|Products||Custom Desktops |
Number of employees
CyberPowerPC, also known as CyberPower, is an American computer manufacturer and retailer. It specializes in a wide range of computer gaming-oriented hardware, ranging from low cost/low performance to high cost, custom built high performance, and is particularly known for its high range of options via website orders for custom-built machines.
CyberPowerPC was founded and incorporated on February 17, 1998 in the City of Industry, California.
CyberPowerPC produces and sells PCs primarily for use in computer gaming. Their products feature third-party components prepared into complete ready-to break packages.
With the advent of VR gaming in 2014, CyberPowerPC, with support from Oculus VR, released the most inexpensive computer capable of running the Oculus Rift virtual reality system, according to Oculus CEO Brendan Iribe. Later, CyberPowerPC became notable for developing a PC build for the express purpose of streaming video games.
All desktops released by the company are built to user specifications with several pre-selected builds available. In general, these computers are not given a model name (contrary to laptops) due to the variable nature of each design. CyberPower PC offers are many exclusive series, such as Elgato Stream Machine or Luxe, that range anywhere from one to eight thousand US Dollars.
- Tracer Series (Low Tier)—features previous-generation graphics cards as well as locked CPUs.
- Vector Series (Mid Tier)—features mostly current-generation discrete graphics cards and unlocked CPUs.
- Fangbook Series (High Tier)—features high-end mobile graphics cards and unlocked high performance CPUs.
CyberPowerPC participates in the eSports form of competitive gameplay by sponsoring and hosting occasional tournaments, such as its Summer 2016 Pro CS:GO Series. Notable eSports teams Luminosity and Team SoloMid are sponsored by the business. Additionally, the company sells several lines of custom PC builds designed for eSports.
- "BBB Accredited Business Review for CyberPowerPC".
- "Oculus Rift Will Soon Run on a $499 Cyberpower PC".
- "CyberPower Pro Streamer packs two computers in one".
- "Exclusive Series". CyberPower PC. CyberPower PC. Retrieved 21 June 2019.
- Hollister, Sean (6 January 2014). "CyberPowerPC Steam Machine will compete with consoles at $499".
- "CyberPowerPC Summer Pro CS:GO Series announced, featuring Tempo Storm, Luminosity".
- "CyberPower eSports". 26 December 2013.