A cyber force is a military branch devoted to cyberwarfare, cybersecurity and counter-cyberwarfare. An example of a cyber force is the Norwegian Cyber Defence Force. A Cyber force can be part of a military branch or a combined command.
Retired United States Navy Admiral and Supreme Allied Commander Europe James G. Stavridis, retired United States Army General Keith B. Alexander, Director of the National Security Agency and commander of United States Cyber Command, and other United States military officers have called for the creation of a United States Cyber Force.
Current Cyber Forces and military cyber commands
- People's Liberation Army Strategic Support Force
- U.S. Cyber Command
- Why the nation needs a US Cyber Force
- U.S. Military Cyber Chief Calls For Cyber Force
- Costa, Robert (April 2002). "SUPPORTING THE INFORMATION-CENTRIC 2001 QUADRENNIAL DEFENSE REVIEW:THE CASE FOR AN INFORMATION SERVICE". Air University. United States Government: 261. Retrieved July 28, 2014.
- Conti, Gregory; Surdu, John "Buck" (Spring 2009). "Army, Navy, Air Force, Cyber: Is it Time for a Cyberwarfare Branch of the Military?" (PDF). Information Assurance Newsletter. 12 (1): 14–18. Retrieved July 28, 2014.
|This military-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This computing article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|