Cycle Sluts from Hell
This article may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (October 2009)
Cycle Sluts from Hell
|Origin||New York City, New York, USA|
|Genres||Heavy metal, glam metal|
|Years active||1986–1992, 2006, 2007|
|Website||Official MySpace Page|
She-Fire of Ice
|Past members||Venus Penis Crusher, aka Betty Kallas|
Donna She Wolf
Tom Von Doom
The band comprised four women singing under the stage names Queen Vixen, She-Fire of Ice, Honey One Percenter and Venus Penis Crusher, backed by various musicians most notable among them Pete Lisa, Christopher Moffett, Tom Von Doom, Fernando Rosario, Brian Smith, Scott DuBoys, Bobby Gustafson (Overkill), Eddie Coen (Sick of It All). The lyrics were written by the girls and were tongue-in-cheek and filled with innuendo. The music was primarily written by Pete Lisa, along with writing contributions from Daniel Rey, Mark Durado, Christopher Moffett and Tom Von Doom. The group had a pretty high profile in the New York City area in the late 80's and performed shows with artists such as Jane's Addiction at The Cat Club, Danzig at The Old Studio 54, Joey Ramone at the Ritz and also at the Palladium on 14th St.
The band's self-titled debut album was their only release. The song "I Wish You Were a Beer" is their best known track, written by Honey 1%er and Tom Von Doom. The video clip for it got MTV airplay when released and still appears regularly around the world (e.g. Australia). The track also featured in the MTV show Beavis and Butthead, who reacted favorably to it. The band's biggest gig was a European tour with Motörhead in the early nineties.
July 24, 2006 brought a "one-time only" reunion of some of the original band at The Delancey in New York. In presence were Queen Vixen, Honey 1percenter, She Fire of Ice, Lord Roadkill and Scott Duboys.
They reunited once again on October 31, 2007 for the Motherfucker Halloween party at Club Rebel in New York. Performing were Queen Vixen, Honey 1percenter, She Fire of Ice, and Lord Roadkill (accompanied by Nick Marden from The Stimulators on bass and She Wolves' Tony Mann).
- Venus Penis Crusher, aka Betty Kallas, went on to the industrial duo Hanzel und Gretyl
- Donna She Wolf is now writing and playing guitar in the New Orleans-based band Star & Dagger  a collaboration with Sean Yseult (White Zombie) that began in 2010, along with vocalist Von Hesseling, Dave Catching (Eagles Of Death Metal ) on guitar and Gene Trautmann (Queens Of The Stone Age) on drums. She also formed the group She Wolves with Tony Mann on the Lower East Side around 2000. Their early material was released on Poptown Records  including collaborations with punk luminaries such as Sylvain Sylvain and Jayne County.
- Scott Duboys, drums, had previously played for Nuclear Assault, Cities, VonHelsing and then joined Warrior Soul after CSFH
- Tom Von Doom, bass, co-wrote the single "I Wish You Were A Beer," and previously played with Bebe Buell and The Great Kat. He currently resides in Hollywood and produced the song, "Waiting," by Jamie Coon, featured in the hit CBS show "The Ghost Whisperer."
- Chris Moffett went on to replace John Ricco of Warrior Soul for 1CD and European tour, then left the band after Geffen would not support Kory Clark, who had become too much of a problem.
- Cycle Sluts from Hell, self-titled, Epic, 1991
- Cycle Sluts from Hell page at Allmusic, by Greg Prato
- Cycle Sluts from Hell page at BNR Metal
- The Day I Met the Cycle Sluts from Hell, by Daniela
- The Encyclopedia of Heavy Metal, Sterling, 2003, ISBN 0-7607-4218-9 (has an entry for the Cycle Sluts) 
- Prato, Greg. "Cycle Sluts from Hell – Cycle Sluts from Hell". AllMusic. All Media Network. Retrieved October 9, 2016.
- McPadden, Mike (September 21, 2015). "The Hair Metal 100: Ranking the '80s Greatest Glam Bands, Part 1". VH1. Viacom. Retrieved October 9, 2016.
- Playlist 8 July 2006 for Australian Broadcasting Corporation Rage program
- Beavis and Butthead episode guide at tv.com, Way Down Mexico Way, broadcast 26 May 1993
-  Punk Globe Magazine, "Cycle Sluts from Hell Halloween ’07 Reunion", 2007
- She Wolves press page, article from Crusher Magazine
- POPTOWN RECORDS For fans of rock music from the 60s, 70s and 80s