|Slogan||The world centre of cycling|
Type of site
|Owner||Immediate Media Company|
|Created by||Bill Mitchell|
In 1995 Australian Bill Mitchell, a keen cyclist and professor of economics at the University of Newcastle, created the website titled "Bill’s Cycling Racing Results and News" after finding there was a need for fast-breaking news and race results in English-speaking countries. In 1999 Sydney-based publishing company Knapp Communications purchased the website from Mitchell, and in July 2007 they sold it to British publisher Future plc for £2.2m. In July 2014 it was bought by Immediate Media Company
- "About Cyclingnews". Cyclingnews.com. Bath, UK: Future plc. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- "Cyclingnews | A Web 1.0 Success Story". Cycling Tips. 8 August 2011. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- Knapp, Gerard (4 July 2007). "It's been quite a climb, and now it's really time to ride". Cyclingnews.com (Bath, UK: Future plc). Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- "Acquisition of www.cyclingnews.com". Future plc. 3 July 2007. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- Reid, Carlton (3 July 2007). "Future buys Cyclingnews.com for £2.2m". BikeBiz (Hertford, UK: Intent Media). Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- Luft, Oliver (3 July 2007). "Future buys Cyclingnews.com for £2.2m". Journalism.co.uk (Brighton, UK: Mousetrap Media). Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- "IMMEDIATE MEDIA CO COMPLETES ACQUISITION OF FUTURE CYCLING AND CRAFT BRANDS". Immediate Media Company. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This cycling-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|