Cygnet Theatre, Exeter
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Cygnet Theatre, Friars Gate
|Founder||Monica Shallis & Mary G Evans|
It was founded in 1980 out of an association between Monica Shallis (1939−2006), Mary G. Evans (born 1934) and the Northcott Theatre, Exeter, then under the direction of Richard Digby Day. It operates as a working theatre company, regularly producing plays to a professional standard, both at the Cygnet Theatre and on tour, giving its students a first-hand experience of life in the theatre industry. It is one of the smallest drama schools in the UK, only taking in an average of five students per year. Its Patron is Peter Brook.
The Cygnet Theatre performs around six productions a year at the Cygnet Theatre, and visiting companies also perform regularly.
- Andrew Howard
- Dominic Wood
- Penelope McGhie
- Louis Dempsey
- David Lockwood
- Shirley Beth Newbery
- Joshua Sasse
- Myette Godwyn
- Elkin, Susan (27 January 2014). "How can we support the work of small training organisations?". The Stage. Retrieved 18 December 2015.
- "Founder's drama dream lives on in her memory". Western Morning News (23 February 2009). Retrieved 5 November 2015.
- "Mia Thomas Associates - Directors" Archived 2015-12-22 at the Wayback Machine. Miathomasassociates.co.uk. Retrieved 18 December 2015.
- Price, Richard (19 September 2015). "Has Kylie found love with a hunky public schoolboy 20 YEARS her junior? Joshua Sasse, 27, could perhaps be the man to finally make the pop star lucky in love". MailOnline. Retrieved 5 November 2015.
- "Myette Godwyn - Actor, Director, Writer and Visual Artist". www.myettegodwyn.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-01-17.
|This British theatre–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|