From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up cylinder in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Cylinder most commonly refers to:
- Cylinder (geometry), a three-dimensional geometric figurine
Cylinder may also refer to:
Science and technology
- Cylinder (engine), the space in which a piston travels in an engine
- Gas cylinder, a container for storing compressed gas
- Cylinder (firearms), the rotating device that contains the firing chambers of a revolver
- Cylinder lock, the part that is profiled to accept a specific key
- Phonograph cylinder, the dominant medium of audio storage from the 1870s to the 1910s
- Cylinder (disk drive), in computer hard drives
- Cylinder seal, an ancient, often clay, cylinder engraved with a 'picture story'
- Cuneiform scripts, on cylinders, e.g. ancient documents of Babylonian kings:
- Cylinder (algebra), the Cartesian product of a set with its superset
- Cylinder, Iowa, a U.S. city
- Hydraulic cylinder, using pressurized liquid
- Pneumatic cylinder, using compressed gas
- Cylinder (locomotive), in a steam locomotive
- Graduated cylinder, glassware for measurement of liquids in laboratories
- Cylinder set, the natural open set of a product topology.
- Cylinder hat, popular in 19th and early 20th centuries
- Cylindrical lens, a type of lens
- Diving cylinder, a type of gas cylinder used in scuba-diving
- Cylindrical error, a form of refractive error
- All pages beginning with "Cylinder"
- All pages with titles containing "Cylinder"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Cylinder.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.